Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead--Spoilers

Joe's first collection.

Postby KingoftheHill on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:48 pm

I liked the story. The movie scene as a backdrop was fun. I know that sybil actually played a zombie extra on a movie set, so that's cool. Whether little Bobby was big Bobby's is left to the reader to decide, or did I miss something obvious? I really didn't like Bobby's attitude towards Dean. Especially when he thought "If I were little Bobby's dad, he'd still have all his fingers.." That's a shitty way to think, IMO. :evil: Selfish and childish.

Lot's of cliche's about two people meeting after several years apart and refalling (probably not a word, lol) in love. I agree that men can take longer to figure things out in life. The mid-life crisis is evidence of that in men, more than women.

So, don't worry Betsy about saying that. I, as a man, agree.

I'm just glad I got it right the first time. *knock on wood*

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:11 am

Thank you for not being offended King. Sometimes I make generalizations when I'm particularly frustrated. I don't want anyone to think I have no sympathy for men in general...especially among the baby boomers life has been difficult. My husband was raised to believe his first priority in life was to make money and support his family, as I'm sure alot of men were. And I don't knock it...it's just that sometimes that becomes the ONLY priority to the exclusion of all else. That makes everyone including the man unhappy. Now that he is older he is realizing there is alot more to life. Things are getting better all the time.

Sorry to blather on...at any rate, King...I'm glad you got it right. Your wife is a lucky woman.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby KingoftheHill on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Blather away. :D

Men are raised differently and likely come away with different values. I was raised by a single mom (until she remarried when I was 13). We were dirt poor, so that was my motivation to do something different.

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Previous

Return to 20th Century Ghosts