Slipcase for 20th Century

Joe's first collection.

Slipcase for 20th Century

Postby darkkat on Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi everyone... I'm hoping that someone out there can help me.
I have a copy of the PS limited edition of 20th Century, that due to circumstances beyond my control, has a slipcase that is no more. Destroyed, gone, eaten by the dog....not good. I was hoping that someone might for whatever reason, have the matching slipcase. Maybe your dog ate your book, or for whatever reason, you just have the slipcase. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price, make some trades, (books?) I don't know, but I'm sure we could work something out. I know this is a long shot, but I'd like a complete copy of what I think is the best short story collection in many a year. Here's hoping, and wishing all the best to you all. Thanks
darkkat

Re: Slipcase for 20th Century

Postby Shane on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:44 pm

This is a bit of a long shot, but no more so than hoping there's a spare slipcover out there, I suppose... but, you might shoot an email to PS Publishing and explain the situation to them. Perhaps they have some extras as a method of ordering, or could get you one somehow?

Just thinking in type, really...
Shane
Site Admin

Postby sybil on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:19 pm

hey darkkat...i'd try shane's excellent suggestion. PS publishing has always been quick to answer my queries and really helpful. i can't think of any other suggestions other than buying the whole set at eBay or something, and selling your naked book, but don't blame you a bit for going for a long shot. what can it hurt, right?
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:13 pm

how did the slipcase and not the book get destroyed as well.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Barry_Wood on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:48 am

darkkat: I see there's currently a copy of this book with slipcase on ebay and so far it's only $12 or so U.S. Of course it'll probably skyrocket, but it's another option perhaps. Good luck in finding a slipcase regardless. Cheers.
Barry_Wood

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:06 am

With luck it might not get noticed and he would be very a lucky guy....ive had that happen once.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Barry_Wood on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Me too, demo. Sometimes someone just lucks in.

:-)
Barry_Wood

Postby darkkat on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks everyone, I've tried PS and all other avenues I can think of, but thanks and who knows who'll read this in the future. Thanks again for the suggestions.
darkkat

Postby Shane on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Barry_Wood wrote:darkkat: I see there's currently a copy of this book with slipcase on ebay and so far it's only $12 or so U.S. Of course it'll probably skyrocket, but it's another option perhaps. Good luck in finding a slipcase regardless. Cheers.

Keeping an eye on eBay isn't a bad idea at all, but be careful and be smart; it's hard to turn down an amazing deal, but the old adage of "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is..." stays around for a reason.

For example: the edition on eBay that was mentioned above, currently going for $64 right now, has some warning signs for me. Not major ones, mind you -- just lazy ones, but these are the reasons people should be asking questions before posting bids. I assume the seller is counting on the cost of the item going very high, so the low starting bid is a bit forgivable, even though they are selling another version in their bookstore for nothing less than $742.85 -- why they are taking so much less for a similar copy would be worth asking. But, the easiest note that stood out for me was their description: they claim the product was only ever opened to verify the signature and to take those pictures, right? Then why is the number show in the picture different than the number they claim the edition has? They claim it's 171/200, but the photo they're using isn't the same thing.

Again, I know the answer to this, but these are the types of things people should be clarifying before bidding on something. 99/100, the bookseller is lazy and just copying and pasting things. But, there's that small percentage of times where the transaction isn't legit, and these signs are right there to tell you so.

...once again, just my 2¢
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Barry_Wood on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:40 pm

That's right, Shane. The scan indicates 199/200.
Barry_Wood

Return to 20th Century Ghosts