Changes with the board

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Re: Changes with the board

Postby Nerak on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 am

dayum, I need a nap after reading that post, Shane. But I am going to go explore! HE HE
Nerak

Postby Shane on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:19 am

Nerak wrote:dayum, I need a nap after reading that post, Shane. But I am going to go explore! HE HE

It was that boring, huh? Sorry! I just thought I'd try and bring everyone up to speed with all the new stuff. My fingers love the sound of keystrokes sometimes, though!
Shane
Site Admin

Postby LauraK on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:52 am

I still miss the old board......this feels more closed-off somehow.

'Course I'm a big baby.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Shane on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:18 am

LauraK wrote:I still miss the old board......this feels more closed-off somehow. 'Course I'm a big baby.

Sorry, Laura. If there's anything specific you're missing, let me know, and I'll see if I can't try to wrangle it in here somehow. Though, I should say first that there's not a whole lot of room for maneuverability with many things. But, note me if you'd like, and I'll see if there's anything to be done. Aside, of course, from bringing back the old aesthetic. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby LauraK on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Well, we used to be able to click the pic at the top and go directly to Joe's Blog. Not so any more. (Unless I'm doing something wrong...)

LK

LauraK

Postby Nerak on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:40 pm

Shane wrote:
Nerak wrote:dayum, I need a nap after reading that post, Shane. But I am going to go explore! HE HE

It was that boring, huh? Sorry! I just thought I'd try and bring everyone up to speed with all the new stuff. My fingers love the sound of keystrokes sometimes, though!

Nah, not boring, just long winded!! LOL

It's cool, though, sometimes, I just like to hear myself type to, but I have long fingernails and they make a cool noise on the keys! :mrgreen:
Nerak

Postby sybil on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:06 pm

i miss the message board name in the old font...it was a really cool font. this one is just plain, and well, not real interesting. and i liked to be able to click to get to the blog, too. how do i get there now. and popart's balloons!! it's just not right without them!

i'm a big baby sucking my thumb next to LK!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby LauraK on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:39 pm

Laura spits out pacifier to say:
Glad to know I'm not the only one missing the quick-link to Joe's Blog. I agree about the font, too.
It seems the traffic here has slowed considerably since the changes, am I wrong? That sucks.

janis, Google joehillfiction.com and that'll get you the Blog.

LK

LauraK

Postby Shane on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 pm

sybil wrote:i miss the message board name in the old font...it was a really cool font. this one is just plain, and well, not real interesting. and i liked to be able to click to get to the blog, too. how do i get there now. and popart's balloons!! it's just not right without them!

i'm a big baby sucking my thumb next to LK!

Heh, that's ok.

To get to the blog, just type in: joehillfiction.com -- it's as easy as that! Or, just go up to the address bar here, and remove the "informe" part, leaving joehillfiction.com and you'll be there quick!

The banner preferences here are a bit weird. I'll go in and try to make something else soon. But, when the change over happened, I wanted to get rid of the default banner as fast as I could.

LauraK wrote:Laura spits out pacifier to say:It seems the traffic here has slowed considerably since the changes, am I wrong? That sucks.

I just checked a couple of days ago, and honestly -- the traffic is up, for whatever reason. There are more ghosts on the board than we've had in a long time. And, 'ghosts' are people viewing the content of the site without being logged in -- they're either members who aren't logged in, or drifters coming by to see stuff.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby val04463 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Ghosts and drifters....don't get any better than that!!
val04463

Postby LauraK on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:48 am

Am I the only one for whom the board is running slowwwwwwwwwwwww as molasses?

Everywhere else I go is as fast as usual. ??

LK

LauraK

Postby Dana_Jean on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Very slow.
Dana_Jean

Postby nawa-ami on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:22 am

Hi Shane,

Is the PM system working? I sent you a PM a couple of weeks back in response to a question you had, but I haven't heard anything back. And I sent one to Joe, but it shows up as stuck in the Outbox rather moving into the Sent box.

I was able to send a PM to myself--as a test--but that's no fun. :?
nawa-ami

Postby Shane on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:49 am

nawa-ami wrote:Hi Shane,

Is the PM system working? I sent you a PM a couple of weeks back in response to a question you had, but I haven't heard anything back. And I sent one to Joe, but it shows up as stuck in the Outbox rather moving into the Sent box.

I was able to send a PM to myself--as a test--but that's no fun. :?

Hmm. I don't remember seeing it, but let's try it again. I'll send you one just in case.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby nawa-ami on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks. I got your message today, and sent a reply, but I notice that m new reply went into the Outbox rather than Sent. Is that the way it's meant to work? (Can you read if it's in my Outbox?)
nawa-ami

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in and say Hello