Does this site go down allot?

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Does this site go down allot?

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:25 am

I was wondering what happened to the site for the past few days? Thank you.
NewEnglandGothic

Re: Does this site go down allot?

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:14 pm

Check the recent posts here:

http://joehillfiction.informe.com/forum/joehillfiction-com-f5/the-blog-t327-75.html

It does go out on occasion, but apparently this time it was hacked.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks again. I should have ran a search, but it was such a relief when I got back on. I thought I was banned :? .
NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:47 pm

NewEnglandGothic wrote:Thanks again. I should have ran a search, but it was such a relief when I got back on. I thought I was banned :? .

I hear ya! I'm such a weirdo and say such odd things, I thought I was banned too! :mrgreen:

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:
NewEnglandGothic wrote:Thanks again. I should have ran a search, but it was such a relief when I got back on. I thought I was banned :? .

I hear ya! I'm such a weirdo and say such odd things, I thought I was banned too! :mrgreen:

I'll start a petition. :wink:
grasking

Postby phil17larry33 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Whoever is doing it is a real douchebag! I don't know why these computer hackers do this shit but I sure wish they had something better to do. Has anybody seen the next cover for Locke and Key #2? I'm buying my comics at a store in Florida ( Orlando area ) and can't seem to find any variant covers for this comic, does anyone know if they are regional, the variants that is? Any t shirts for this comic? I can't get enough of it. Some of the pictures on this site are still not coming up and I hope the jerk who is doing this gets cancer of the ass and balls. Fun site and Joe's Twitter comments are hilarious. Keep the site going, don't let these people get to you Joe.
phil17larry33

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:21 am

phil17larry33 wrote:Whoever is doing it is a real douchebag! I don't know why these computer hackers do this shit but I sure wish they had something better to do. Has anybody seen the next cover for Locke and Key #2? I'm buying my comics at a store in Florida ( Orlando area ) and can't seem to find any variant covers for this comic, does anyone know if they are regional, the variants that is? Any t shirts for this comic? I can't get enough of it. Some of the pictures on this site are still not coming up and I hope the jerk who is doing this gets cancer of the ass and balls. Fun site and Joe's Twitter comments are hilarious. Keep the site going, don't let these people get to you Joe.

Variants are mostly an incentive for a comic shop to get more of that comic. Im not sure how many they have to buy to receive it. I know that I quickly asked for them to hold the variant for me where i buy comics at.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 am

demorganakamark wrote:
phil17larry33 wrote:Whoever is doing it is a real douchebag! I don't know why these computer hackers do this shit but I sure wish they had something better to do. Has anybody seen the next cover for Locke and Key #2? I'm buying my comics at a store in Florida ( Orlando area ) and can't seem to find any variant covers for this comic, does anyone know if they are regional, the variants that is? Any t shirts for this comic? I can't get enough of it. Some of the pictures on this site are still not coming up and I hope the jerk who is doing this gets cancer of the ass and balls. Fun site and Joe's Twitter comments are hilarious. Keep the site going, don't let these people get to you Joe.

Variants are mostly an incentive for a comic shop to get more of that comic. Im not sure how many they have to buy to receive it. I know that I quickly asked for them to hold the variant for me where i buy comics at.

Yeah, me too. I have a great comic book store...they'll even put aside stuff that they think I might like to look at judging from the stuff that I buy. Of course, they may be just trying to make a sale, but there's no pressure and if it's not something I want they don't make me feel guilty.

And I'm with you 100% phil...mean people totally suck! And btw, I love the idea of an L&K t shirt! Do you think that will ever happen?

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:05 am

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #2 regular cover

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #2 1:10 variant cover

8)
NewEnglandGothic

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:07 am

Wednesday cannot come fast enough.
NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 am

grasking wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:

I'll start a petition. :wink:

I know you're kidding g (I hope), but honestly I do feel that way sometimes. Especially since I got my ears boxed over on the blog. I'd have left here then if it weren't for the fact that I like Joe's work and the folks here so much. But if there is anyone out there who'd like me to tone it down or disappear send me a pm, no hard feelings. It's hard to truly see how you come across to folks in a place like this.

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 am

[quote="Betsy_Boo]I know you're kidding g (I hope), but honestly I do feel that way sometimes. Especially since I got my ears boxed over on the blog. I'd have left here then if it weren't for the fact that I like Joe's work and the folks here so much. But if there is anyone out there who'd like me to tone it down or disappear send me a pm, no hard feelings. It's hard to truly see how you come across to folks in a place like this.[/quote]

You gain nothing leaving a place you love to be in. I left a comic collecting board this weekend because I was taunted about getting perfect IDW books graded all the time. Most feel it's no challenge to find IDW books, like Locke & Key in mint condition because most of them are mint. Here was one of the PM's.

"and this just in...
my Mom can sub IDW books and get 9.9s and 10s...so don't fall over yourselves if you are getting 9.9s and 10s on those! COMMON is an understatement...
In fact...
I might just have my Ma go and pick out a few IDW books when she is in town and have her sub them to prove my point...
hmmm...."

I got pissed and quit that site and now I feel hollow inside like I was beaten by this insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I for one, am glad you are around here, as I am sure others are here too :D .
NewEnglandGothic

Postby grasking on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:
I know you're kidding g (I hope), but honestly I do feel that way sometimes. Especially since I got my ears boxed over on the blog. I'd have left here then if it weren't for the fact that I like Joe's work and the folks here so much. But if there is anyone out there who'd like me to tone it down or disappear send me a pm, no hard feelings. It's hard to truly see how you come across to folks in a place like this.

Of course I'm kidding. This board would be dull without you.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:09 pm

You guys are very sweet. I do have to say that I love coming here. That may say something about my lack of a social life, but I believe it's because you guys are fun to talk to. Not many people make me laugh the way you do, g.

And I'm truly sorry for the experience you had on that site, NE. I felt exactly the same way when I was criticized. In fact, as you can tell, I still think about it. Please don't give it another thought. Guys like that are just trying to put you down to show off how clever and superior they are and it really is unnecessary cruelty, IMO. A friend of mine calls it "peeing on your wheaties".

Betsy_Boo

Return to Come on in and say Hello