Gabba gabba hey from the UK!

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Gabba gabba hey from the UK!

Postby BlackDog on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:52 am

Hi!

These introductions always make me feel like I'm on a dating gameshow, but still - my name's Lisa, I'm 36 and I'm looking for a tall, dark, handsome Gemini :lol:

Nah, seriously, I read HSB not long after it came out and was hooked, I moved on to 20th Century Ghosts and Gunpowder (eagerly awaiting Horns) but Locke and Key in particular has really blown me away. We are seriously lacking in high street comic stores over here in the UK, so I wait for the HC to come out - and so far the wait has been completely worthwhile.

I've seen some familiar names here already, I'm Darkthoughts over at TheDarkTower.com, for those of you I don't know I really look forward to meeting ya!
Last edited by BlackDog on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackDog

Re: Gabba gabba hey from the UK!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13 am

Welcome BD! :) I'm really looking forward to the discussions of HORNS! Hope you can join in!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby BlackDog on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks! I'm in the process of trying to bribe my husband, and other car owning friends, into driving me to one of the UK Horns signings...
BlackDog

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:38 pm

BlackDog wrote:Thanks! I'm in the process of trying to bribe my husband, and other car owning friends, into driving me to one of the UK Horns signings...

So you saw the tour update on Joe's blog? He hints that there may be more than what's listed. I just wish I could go to one, but none of them are really within driving range for me. I'd have to take a plane. :(

Betsy_Boo

Postby BlackDog on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Ha! I know how you feel! I don't drive so I'm even more distanced challenged than most UK-ers :D

I really hope there are more UK venues...if I click my heels together three times and shout "Gloucestershire!" will that work?
BlackDog

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 pm

BlackDog wrote:Ha! I know how you feel! I don't drive so I'm even more distanced challenged than most UK-ers :D

I really hope there are more UK venues...if I click my heels together three times and shout "Gloucestershire!" will that work?

Good luck with that! :D If it works, let me know and I'll do the same except I'll say "North Carolina"!
(BTW, I know a short, dark haired Gemini, but he's a total asshole! Wouldn't inflict him on my worst enemy.)

Betsy_Boo

Return to Come on in and say Hello