Hello!

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Hello!

Postby princess-spot on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:47 pm

So I'm one of the many new people...just joined today. Add it to my humongous list of things to check out every day on the web...I seriously need more hours in a day. I'm from the midwest, middle of nowhere Illinois to be exact. I'm 39, married for 19 years and the biological mom of 3. CJ-18, Molly-17 & Sean just turned 16. I'm the unofficial foster mother of Brian-21 and Bobby-17. Plus a bazillion others who end up at our house. I cook alot and love to have a full table for family dinner. I believe that it is probably one of the strongest family bonding traditions you can have. Our dinner conversations are random, seldom appropriate, and if someone doesn't laugh so hard liquid comes out their nose at least once...it was a quiet dinner for us.

I used to be a bookseller, but due to illness have been at home for the last year. I miss being around new books, talking to people about books, and handselling my favorite authors. I do believe Joe and his father may just owe me lunch for all the books of theirs I have personally put in the hands of book buyers! Ah...but I would probably chat them to death with my insane questions. Everytime I see a new book idea or movie trailer i wonder if they are excited too or thinking "why didn't I come up with that?".

If anyone wants to know more just ask...I'm always happy to talk about myself and my family. :lol:
~Spot~

Never go to bed angry...stay up and plot your revenge.
princess-spot

Re: Hello!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:22 am

Welcome PS!! Good to see you here. My...you do have a full house!

I know how you feel about your job. I used to be a bookseller too and I miss it alot for the same reasons you do. We have a thread in this forum called "10 things about us"...maybe you could do that one? We also have one about what we're reading now that has some good recs. Anyway, come on in & enjoy! :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Princess-spot. I admire your large family. Sounds like fun (I'm sure plenty of work, too) and a loving home.
Hope to see more from you :)
This_Girl

Postby LauraK on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi, PS! Welcome, yours sounds like a house I'd like to visit. :)

Do you have any books that you're selling? I'm looking for one by a New Zealand author....

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Patrick on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Welcome Princess, what time should we all be there for dinner?
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Return to Come on in and say Hello