Here's Lookin' At You

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Re: Here's Lookin' At You

Postby roguejafo on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Thanks. There are great memories; I've a couple more in mind to share, but not tonight. The ride is near the end of June. It's called the Ride for Roswell, and benefits Roswell Park Cancer Institute, one of the top cancer research and treatment facilities in the world, and located right here in western NY. Dave was a regular, even when he was dying he rode for them. Our team is named after him, "Team Snap", Snap being a nickname I'm still trying to figure out. I've got a bad pic of him riding with the cooler trailer; I'll post it if I can get a good image.

This was taken last spring before I moved. Luke has this great John Deere power wheels tractor. Danielle was jealous so we got her a power wheels quad. Then luke was jealous so I unlocked the second speed, so his would go faster. Then Dani was jealous again... Sigh... I don't get to watch them race around anymore; good thing I videotaped it. Kids're awesome!
roguejafo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:13 am

Good luck in June! And it sure sounds like you have a lot of fun with your kids. I remember once asking someone with grown children (when mine were little) what was his best parenting advice. He said "Enjoy them." It turned out to be the best advice I ever got...looks like you already have that down! :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby roguejafo on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Good luck in June! And it sure sounds like you have a lot of fun with your kids. I remember once asking someone with grown children (when mine were little) what was his best parenting advice. He said "Enjoy them." It turned out to be the best advice I ever got...looks like you already have that down! :)

I do try; since their mother and I split up, I try to make them the focal point of my life; (I imagine and hope that she does also, though I have my doubts.) My basic job in life now is to do whatever I can to make sure they come out of all this with reasonably healthy heads on their shoulders. Its usally a fun job. I just be with them. I video-tape lots of stuff. You know how we can look at a pic from a while ago and say, "wow did they actually look like that?" Well I must have made 15 or 20 dvds of them doing all sorts of stuff. So I'll always have a record. They do like to see themselves on TV...

Thanks for the kind words about my brother.

New pic or two soon...
roguejafo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Back when my kids were little video cameras were sooooo expensive and we could barely afford their formula and diapers. Still, I wish we had scraped some money together and rented one for a day. Those dvds are going to mean even more to you when they're all grown up. :)

Betsy_Boo

Postby prncsspwr on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:54 pm

roguejafo wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:Good luck in June! And it sure sounds like you have a lot of fun with your kids. I remember once asking someone with grown children (when mine were little) what was his best parenting advice. He said "Enjoy them." It turned out to be the best advice I ever got...looks like you already have that down! :)

I do try; since their mother and I split up, I try to make them the focal point of my life; (I imagine and hope that she does also, though I have my doubts.) My basic job in life now is to do whatever I can to make sure they come out of all this with reasonably healthy heads on their shoulders. Its usally a fun job. I just be with them. I video-tape lots of stuff. You know how we can look at a pic from a while ago and say, "wow did they actually look like that?" Well I must have made 15 or 20 dvds of them doing all sorts of stuff. So I'll always have a record. They do like to see themselves on TV...

Thanks for the kind words about my brother.

New pic or two soon...

I remember when my parents got divorced, we used to go to my dad's apartment and make fake commercials and movies using the video camera. It was a lot of fun.
prncsspwr

Postby roguejafo on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:13 pm

That does sound fun, and actually, we've been planning to do a couple music videos; I'll let y'all know if we do...
roguejafo

Postby grasking on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 am

Drunk and belligerent at the Mets game yesterday.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 am

Ok...which one is you, g?

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Blue shirt.
grasking

Postby Melissa on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 pm

grasking wrote:Blue shirt.

I totally knew that....looked like you ;)
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby prncsspwr on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:14 am

Melissa wrote:

That was going to be my guess too.
prncsspwr

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:57 am

prncsspwr wrote:
Melissa wrote:

Me, too! You're pretty cute g! :D

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane88 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:26 am

Are you part Chinese?

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Postby Shane88 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:27 am

Dwight Gooden ruled btw!

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Postby grasking on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:19 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:
prncsspwr wrote:
Melissa wrote:I totally knew that....looked like you ;)

Me, too! You're pretty cute g! :D

Thanks
grasking

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in and say Hello