Hey

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Hey

Postby jennampitman on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 am

I'm Jenna. From Washington state. I am an avid horror fan and so glad that my boyfriend turned me on to Joe Hill! I adored 20th Century Ghosts and Heart Shaped Box, though I was so saddened by what happens to the dogs in it. :( I haven't read Horns yet even though I picked it up when he came through Seattle earlier this year.

I am a writer myself though I don't have a novel out. I have a number of short stories available around the web and the world though most are pretty local to me.

I work for the Northwest's only horror convention, Crypticon. I'm in charge of a number of things in reality but technically my job is to pick writers to come and read their work and speak on panels. It's my first year doing that part of the con and I'm loving it so far!
Death is a disability, not a superpower. ~ Simon Pegg
Yes, tell us your story. But it had BETTER have a beginning, a middle, and an ending and you had BETTER make us root for the protagonist! ~ Homer Simpson
jennampitman

Re: Hey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:05 am

Welcome jenna! Sounds like you have a very cool job!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby jennampitman on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:21 am

:mrgreen: It would be a better job if I got a living wage! Though if the con starts to get more successful that may happen. We'll see.
Yes, tell us your story. But it had BETTER have a beginning, a middle, and an ending and you had BETTER make us root for the protagonist! ~ Homer Simpson
jennampitman

Postby grasking on Sat May 01, 2010 11:52 am

Has Joe been to that con yet?
grasking

Postby jennampitman on Sun May 02, 2010 9:33 pm

No. It's only in its third year and we just finally convinced the people with the money that authors are worth having out (everyone else working on it already knew that)

We would love to have him, though.
jennampitman

Return to Come on in and say Hello