HSB

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

HSB

Postby Shane88 on Sun May 10, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi...thought I'd stop by and check the site out. I picked up Heart Shape Box two days ago by recommendation from a comic book dealer in whom I was buying some of the Dark Tower comics. I used to work as Event Staff at the Alfonde Arena @ UMO and was lucky enough to be the person at Mr. Kings side of the skybox entrances. Needless to say I had some entertaining conversations with him but never read any of his books with the exception of Green Mile, when it was issued as a chap-book series. Anyhow, I'm about to finish another book in the next few days, and HSB is on deck, I hope it's a homerun!

-Shane

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Re: HSB

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Welcome Shane! I think you're gonna love HSB. And when you've read it let us know what you think! That's so cool that you got to meet SK, too. You really have to read more of his stuff.

It's funny that you mentioned THE GREEN MILE chapbooks. I was just thinking about them in relation to Joe's L&K series. I remember how hard it was to wait for the next installment of TGM, just like it's hard to wait for L&K. Those are the only 2 stories I've had to read this way and it has been very, VERY difficult to be patient! Anyway, stick around and join in on the fun! :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Re: HSB

Postby Shane88 on Sun May 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks! Yeah I hope the book is as good as the comic-book store lady (aaack) conveyed to me, of course she listened to the audio-book. Yeah for about two years I talked sports mainly with him, he mainly showed up to the girls basketball games, when our school had the infamous Cindy Blodgett at the guard position, man she was fun to watch! I look forward to reading the book and getting in the HSB threads and see what other people gathered from it.

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Return to Come on in and say Hello