It's About Time

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

It's About Time

Postby FXguy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:39 am

Hello. I've been a longtime lurker of the message boards, but never registered until today.

My name is Bill, and I've been a reader of Joe since Locke & Key first came out. I live in Bangor, Maine, and am a complete geek of all types, from horror, comic books, heavy metal music, and roleplaying games.

Great to meet you all.
FXguy

Re: It's About Time

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Welcome FX, fellow geek! Thanks for coming in! :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby FXguy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks, Betsy. You seem to be the Alpha Dog of this group, too. I am honored. :)
FXguy

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

FXguy wrote:Thanks, Betsy. You seem to be the Alpha Dog of this group, too. I am honored. :)

Well...that's a nice way to put it! I've also been accused of having no life. The truth is, I love Joe's work and I love hanging out here. The people here are so nice, especially Joe! I guess I have taken it upon myself to be an official greeter of sorts and I do like to keep the discussions rolling. But there are others who do that too. At any rate, hope you join in on some of the discussions...it's nice to have some new blood! :D

Betsy_Boo

Postby Texas26 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi, I'm Jenn and I'm new to this board. I'm a bookworm and I listen to rock.
Texas26

Postby FXguy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Betsy> that was meant in jest, but you are a well-known figure here. Thanks again for the greets. You rawk.

Texas> Jenn, good to meet you, too! This is a very friendly site. It's like the people of Bangor. :)
FXguy

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:03 am

FXguy wrote:Betsy> that was meant in jest, but you are a well-known figure here. Thanks again for the greets. You rawk.

Texas> Jenn, good to meet you, too! This is a very friendly site. It's like the people of Bangor. :)

I know...and it's ok! Thanks! I am here an awful lot, but you couldn't find a nicer group anywhere else!
Welcome Texas! I'm a bookworm too. My current mission is to figure out a way to get paid to read!

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasshopper on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Welcome to the board, FX guy! :) I like your description of Betsy-Boo as the Alfa unit !
She does have quite a few interesting and entertaining posts.
Speaking of whom, Hello and a toast to you, Betsy-boo :wink: ! I Loved your stand vs. DL last week :twisted: I just
read it tonight. SOMEbody is looking for 'gore' not horror.
grasshopper

Postby Doose333 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:55 am

People are super nice on here, Welcome!
Doose333

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:20 am

[quote="grasshopper"][/quote]

Thanks gh! I think you're right that he was looking for "gore" & maybe for more evil deeds. The thing about Joe's work is that I don't think you could really classify it as horror in the traditional definition of the word. Frankly, I don't know what you would call it...I don't think it can be pigeon-holed. And that's one of the things I love about it...Joe is not a "One Note Johnny". He pleasantly surprises me with everything he writes.

Betsy_Boo

Return to Come on in and say Hello