MY NAME IS WILSON

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

MY NAME IS WILSON

Postby Wilson_Cruz on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:32 am

Hello to all:
My name is Wilson Arturo Cruz Aguilar, though you can be call me Wilson or Artie. I live in Spain and for little I have begun to the reading of the writer Joe Hill. I also am a writer. Today I have been selected for a contest of statements. My major desire is to relate to those persons those who like the narrative of terror and fantasy. But also I want to speak with Joe Hill, this great writer. I want to be his friend, please.
Goodbye

Wilson
Wilson_Cruz

Re: MY NAME IS WILSON

Postby This_Girl on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Hello there, Wilson. Hope to get to know you around here more.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Welcome Wilson...love your name. I can't help but think about "Cast Away"...the Tom Hanks movie. His best friend in that movie was a volley ball named Wilson.

If you hang out here long enough Joe will pop in on occasion to make a comment or two. What books have you read of Joe's?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Wilson_Cruz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:43 am

Hello again:

Thank you very much to all for this so happy welcome.
Betsy, I have seen this movie an alone time and it was for the appearance of the name <<Wilson>>. Tom Hanks is a great actor both in this movie and in The Green Mile and Forrest Gump.
I have reading now " 20th Century Ghosts " (Abraham's Boys) and also " Heart Shaped Box " (chapter 11).

Well, I am glad to know them. Thank you very much again . Wilson
Wilson_Cruz

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:44 pm

I love Tom Hanks too. I especially liked "Forrest Gump" because it takes place not far from where I was born. And of course "The Green Mile" was fantastic! I also loved "Philadelphia" too.
When you finish 20thCG and HSB come back and let us know what you think.
Especially what is your favorite story. :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:13 pm

I have no idea why, but I have always loved Tom Hanks. When I was pretty small, I LOVED Bossom Buddies and have been fan ever since, LOL. I even like all the regular roles he has played before being a rounded actor (Joe vs. the Volcano / Splash / Big).

Hope you stick around, Wilson. Everyone here is awfully nice. It's also fun to read what others think and get other interpretations on the same stories. :)
This_Girl

Postby Wilson_Cruz on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Hello, friends.
I Wanted to do a question to them:
Does Joe Hill accept ideas for books or short histories?
It is that I wanted to do a novella or short history with him on a specific topic of terror. Do you believe that Joe will accept me? Thanks, friends.
Regards from Spain.
Wilson
Wilson_Cruz

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Ask Shane and see what he has to say about that.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Shane on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Shane
Site Admin

Postby Wilson_Cruz on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Hello, Shane:
Thank you very much for the information, but it was not it what it I wanted to say indeed. My real question is: Want Joe to write a short history with me? Between the two? Sorry for the mistake. Thank you.

Wilson
Wilson_Cruz

Postby LauraK on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 pm

I swore I posted here and said hi.....Welcome, Wilson. Your name made me think of Wilson from Tool Time. :)

I'm not Shane or Joe but I think the answer's going to be No.

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Shane on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Wilson_Cruz wrote:Hello, Shane:
Thank you very much for the information, but it was not it what it I wanted to say indeed. My real question is: Want Joe to write a short history with me? Between the two? Sorry for the mistake. Thank you.

Wilson

Wilson,

No need for apologies. I thought that was what you were asking, but no big deal. As for your question to whether Joe would be able to write with you? I highly doubt it. Between his contractual obligations to deliver novels, his commitments to supply forwards, essays, whatever miscellaneous writings to other venues, his writing of the monthly comic "Locke & Key" and everything else that comes up for him professionally, he really hasn't the time free to enter into such things. I think you can appreciate how hard it is to write just one thing, let alone juggle several all the time.

Sorry that this probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but there it is. Good luck with your own writing, though.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Wilson_Cruz on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:09 am

Dear Shane.

I believe that you have reason. Many reason. Joe must be so occupied in his labor, which will not be able to dedicate me time and write together. Probably in another occasion he could. Surely I will have the same obligations when I will be a writer as he.
Can you give my support to he and say to him that he should not give up itself for anything of the world? Only I wanted to be his friend, nothing more...
Good Bye

Wilson
Wilson_Cruz

Return to Come on in and say Hello