New Guy.

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

New Guy.

Postby MyDogIsFaust on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Joe-

I the General Manager of a bookstore in Mobile, Alabama, and I'd love to have you stop by for an official or unofficial signing! You've got a great talent and you've obviously learned how to use it! I've been a fan for a few years, and I've even sought out some of your more rare works (like the early Spider-Man short). Please let me know if you happen to head down south!

-Matt
MyDogIsFaust

Re: New Guy.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:41 pm

MyDogIsFaust wrote:Joe-

I the General Manager of a bookstore in Mobile, Alabama, and I'd love to have you stop by for an official or unofficial signing! You've got a great talent and you've obviously learned how to use it! I've been a fan for a few years, and I've even sought out some of your more rare works (like the early Spider-Man short). Please let me know if you happen to head down south!

-Matt

OMG!! Matt! Do I know you? I was born in Mobile...grew up there! What store do you manage? I'm coming down that way in March and I'd love to drop in on a fellow JH fan. Home folks are the best! :D
Oh...and welcome to Joe's Place!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby MyDogIsFaust on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Sorry, I'm a recent transplant from Nashville by way of the USMC. I run the "new" BAM in Spanish Fort. It's a beautiful store and a great company!
MyDogIsFaust

Postby Lenny on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:01 am

I live in Montgomery and would LOVE if Joe could make down here. Anywhere close enough to drive would be fine.
Lenny

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 am

Oh wow...we got some Alabama folks here! Yay! My hubby used to work for the K&B in Spanish Fort before they went out of business and we lived in Daphne. The Eastern Shore is probably the nicest place to live in that area...at least it was 20 years ago.

I wish we had a BAM here...I'm mad at B&N and don't like Borders. All of our indies went out of business, although I read where a new one is gonna open here in May. Looking forward to that. And yeah, Lenny...if Joe ever does make it down there I'll be making an extra visit to see my folks. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Betsy_Boo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 am

Betsy_Boo

Return to Come on in and say Hello