Newly Registered Fan

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Newly Registered Fan

Postby Indignation on Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 am

Good evening.
I'm Will, and I just registered on this message board mere moments ago.

I've been a fan of Joe Hill since H.S.B. hit the bookshelves a short eternity ago. He's rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors. I've only read Horns and H.S.B. thus far, and just discovered this Locke and Key that was mentioned on the site (A purchase for Thursday, my next payday), but already I sense the potential of a literary great within the pages I've managed to visually devour.

I was given HSB from a friend of mine who knew I was a novel nut. He said to me, "Here, I just read this. Try it. You'll like it." As they say with any addiction; the first one's free. HSB seemed like it was written in a moment of clarity on Joe Hill's part. As if he'd awoken with this amazing idea, and rushed to put the ideas on paper in fear of losing that original muse. Through the frantic prose and amazing narrative, that sense of haste and intensity was scribed onto page in a perfect way. An excellent first novel that succeeded at a level that rivaled John Carpenter.

I just finished HORNS, which I'll be speaking of at great length on the other thread. It seemed more controlled, more composed and thoughtful, and a more careful read to the eyes. Though I dare not make favorites, I truly enjoyed this one much more than HSB because it did take more time to read. I had to be more aware, more careful and watchful, and picture the scenes in my head in a more elaborate way to take in the nuance and ambience of each chapter; and I salute Mr. Hill for it.

Anyway. I ramble, and I apologize for such. I just wanted to say hello!

Will.
Indignation

Re: Newly Registered Fan

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue May 04, 2010 7:10 am

Hi Will! Welcome! You'll fit right in here. Ditto to everything you said!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Return to Come on in and say Hello