"Nice to see ya. To see ya, nice."

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

"Nice to see ya. To see ya, nice."

Postby Wanderingscribe on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:42 am

Greetings all:

A quick hello from Adelaide, Australia and one of its residents, who would like to thank Joe for writing one of the most unputdownable (and classic rock/metal friendly) horror novels in recent memory. I picked up Heart Shaped Box after reading rave reviews in Australia's now defunct but about to be resurrected Black Magazine and devoured the book at a rate of knots.

Much gratitude also for giving me another excuse to chat to the young lady behind the counter at my local book store, where I bought 20th Century Ghosts earlier today :wink:. Now I have a fair idea what its author is capable of, I expect to enjoy the collection every bit as much as Smoke And Mirrors or The Books of Blood, and will be first in line for a copy of Horns when it arrives in February.
"I had always thought of myself, despite my taste for ludicrous trousers and mickey-taking, as having some shred of creativity."

(Bruce Dickinson)
Wanderingscribe

Re: "Nice to see ya. To see ya, nice."

Postby grasking on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:39 pm

Welcome aboard.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Welcome, WS! You are in for a real treat! As much as I love NG & SMOKE & MIRRORS, I liked 20thCG more. Seriously good stuff. Can't wait to hear what you think. (And let us know how it turns out with the young lady...I still like a good romance every now and then!)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Patrick on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Welcome to the forum, Wanderingscribe!
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Return to Come on in and say Hello