Signed books!!

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Signed books!!

Postby gramtjb on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 pm

My wonderful son and his wife were at the Manchester, NH book signing recently and got me 20th Century Ghosts and Horns SIGNED!! I was just so thrilled....imagine a blonde teenager at a Beatles concert in the 60s! Honestly, I scared the UPS guy shitless probably. My son even got a small video clip of the actual signing. This is the best present I have EVER gotten. He said he thought he recognized my son, and since my son is a bit on the humble side, he probably listened to his band All Star United several years ago. My son plays crazy keyboard! I wish you all the best, you are so easy and fun to read. Heart Shaped Box was excellent, I cant wait to add to my "Hill collection". Dont mean to gush, but....DAYUM!!
Highest regards,
TByrd
gramtjb

Re: Signed books!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:08 am

I can totally relate, T! I gush all the time! Congrats on getting your book signed and for having such a sweet son. And welcome to the MB!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasshopper on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 am

I am happy to have a really good collection of Joe Hill signed treasures.
They get the top and center....As for that Koontz book that SOMEBODY from my workplace insisted I read, well it's not in my favorite book cabinet at all, rather on the "heap" shelf along with other gifts such as WHO MOVED MY CHEESE, and The ATKINS DIET (I'm thin enough) I havent found a sucker yet to take any of them, so I will have to burden the Salvation army with them! Or KINDLE!!!
grasshopper

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:55 am

Hey grasshopper! Good to see ya!
Hubby makes me purge my books a couple of times a year but I'm pretty much down to the ones I want to keep and I still don't have enough bookshelves. Heading down to the Rescue Mission Store today to look for some. BTW, my library takes donations for books as well as SA & Goodwill.

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:40 pm

I have all my books is bankers boxs at the moment. I guess that is where they are going to stay until we find a more permanent home.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby MEE on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:23 pm

My lovely daughter works at Waterstones and got me a signed copy of HORNS with a drawing by Joe of a cheeky little devil sticking his tongue out! How great is that!!
MEE

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

MEE wrote:My lovely daughter works at Waterstones and got me a signed copy of HORNS with a drawing by Joe of a cheeky little devil sticking his tongue out! How great is that!!

It's a good feeling I know! :D

Betsy_Boo

Return to Come on in and say Hello