Welcome to the New Message Board

Here's where you can introduce yourself and find out about the Joe Hill Message Board

Re: Welcome to the New Message Board

Postby Melmoth on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 am

Hello, I'm a journalist and writer, and a big fan of Joe Hill's first two books - about to read his third.

But I came in here, really, to mention that the link to http://www.readervillejournal.com/ from http://joehillfiction.com/?page_id=7 comes up empty. Perhaps Readerville Journal has ceased to be?
Melmoth

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:51 am

Welcome Melmoth!
Yeah I checked Readerville, too, but I got a page that said it had closed up shop. That's too bad because it sounded like something I would've enjoyed. I love reading book reviews and discussing the books I'm reading. Right now I'm on Good Reads which is pretty satisfactory in that respect.
Maybe you could come back and join the HORNS discussion once it has been released?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Diana_Nicolay on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey! I was at Barnes & Noble looking for something scary...I walked up and down looking through all the books with nothing particular in mind. I saw Heart Shaped Box and I'm glad I did. I have just started reading it and already can't put it down. Joe, you have reached out to another fan of your writing...I'm jumping on board. When I'm done with this I'm going to buy 20th Century Ghosts. Are you on facebook? :D
Wherever you go...........there you are.
Diana_Nicolay

Postby Diana_Nicolay on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:48 pm

I love how the cover of Heart Shaped Box quoted from New York Times "a Valentine from hell" It would make a GREAT Valentine's Day gift for people who appreciate a good scare! :twisted:
Wherever you go...........there you are.
Diana_Nicolay

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Diana_Nicolay wrote:I love how the cover of Heart Shaped Box quoted from New York Times "a Valentine from hell" It would make a GREAT Valentine's Day gift for people who appreciate a good scare! :twisted:

Welcome Diana! I almost envy you. And you're gonna LOVE 20thCG!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Merrin on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:04 am

Hey all, im Tom from a very rainy Matlock (around the middle of England) and have been a big fan of Joe Hill since reading Heart Shaped Box before Christmas. I loved that book so much i managed to read Horns, which in my opinion is even better, and im just about to start 20th Century Ghosts which my better half got me!
Merrin

Postby cadduser on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:49 am

Hello everyone-

I am a huge SK fan and recently started to read Joe Hill and am now a fan of his as well. I found his website and this message board and can't wait for his new book Horns next month.
cadduser

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:17 am

Welcome Tom and cadduser! :)

Betsy_Boo

Postby ptrchenry on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Hello Joe, my name is Pat and I'm originally from Lewiston, ME...I just wanted you to know how very much I am enjoying "Heart-Shaped Box". Unfortunately, I am unable to read it once night falls....it's that good. Will you be doing any book tours somewhere around Michigan? I am totally looking forward to your next book. 'Atta boy!!
ptrchenry

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:02 pm

ptrchenry wrote:Hello Joe, my name is Pat and I'm originally from Lewiston, ME...I just wanted you to know how very much I am enjoying "Heart-Shaped Box". Unfortunately, I am unable to read it once night falls....it's that good. Will you be doing any book tours somewhere around Michigan? I am totally looking forward to your next book. 'Atta boy!!

Welcome ptchenery...what a user name! It's not easy to type that name when you've had a coupla.
You gotta read 20CG when you're done with HSB, ok? It's freakin' amazing!!
PS...Joe has his tour stops on his blog.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Indiana on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:06 pm

New to Joe Hill (didn't know he even existed until early Jan. 2010). Yes, the caves are deep around here. Love a scary book however. Listened to HSB, hence my name and it was a good one. Ghost stories were my first love so I gave it a whirl. Horns I think will be more up my alley, all nice and dark. Glad to be here. Melissa
Indiana

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Welcome Indie! You're gonna love HORNS!

Betsy_Boo

Postby numeror on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:07 am

hello everybody,
excuse for my english,I'm français and I have discovered joe hill with Heart-Shaped Box and 20 th century ghosts.i 'm hooked grave of its ecriture and I envisage of buy comics locke and key .but it's very difficult in france.
numeror

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Bon Jour, Mon Ami! (Pardon my French...that's about all I know!) I hope you get to read HORNS as well. It's great! As for Locke and Key...I wonder if you can get the hardcovers in France?

Betsy_Boo

Postby numeror on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:24 am

for HORNS it's not still translated perhaps october and the Locke and Key hardcovers exist in france,i saw it yesterday
numeror

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in and say Hello