I hope this isn't true

See you in the funny pages...

I hope this isn't true

Postby grasking on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:31 am

There's a rumor (I haven't done any research on it yet) that Batman (Bruce Wayne) is going to be killed. WTF?
grasking

Postby LauraK on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Oooo, I haven't heard this myself. That would be rather stupid, wouldn't it? Killing off such a huge character in a pretty thriving franchise? Batman (in the movies) is getting better and better, imo.

I guess if they kill of Bruce Wayne, they'd put someone else in the cape- but WHO? If this is true, maybe they're going to introduce someone in the next movie.

I will not like it. No sir.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby jodi on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:07 pm

I've heard that rumor too. If he is killed, I think it will just be thedeath of Bruce Wayne. Maybe someone else steps in?
I heart
jodi

Postby Mercy on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Will it just be his public persona that dies, leaving him to continue as only Batman? Hmmm, this could be interesting, who else could be Batman if Bruce Wayne does die?? Damn, now I have to start haunting comic sites till I hear more.
Mercy

Postby grasking on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:31 am

This might be a clue;

BATMAN #678
Written by Grant Morrison
Art by Tony Daniel & Sandu Florea
Cover by Alex Ross
Variant cover by Daniel
Part 3 of “Batman R.I.P.”! Batman’s mysterious adversary has won. All is lost for the Dark Knight. Bruce Wayne is now deranged and dissociated, wandering homeless in the alleys of Gotham City. Is there a chance that Bruce can rebuild his Batman identity from scratch, or is this truly the end for one of the world’s finest heroes?
grasking

Postby Allen on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:15 am

Batman would never get killed. I recall falling for this with death of Superman.
Allen

Postby This_Girl on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I may be completly making this up - I seem to recall someone from Marvel being on Howard Stern to discuss this. (Forgive me if Batman is not Marvel) HS was pissy about something he heard and a head guy had a phone interview set up to explain why.
I am really sorry, I was not interested and I zoned out. I do remember which ever character they were talking about had been divorced or something...something like that b/c Howard was saying all of that was pointless...the guy from the comic series said "They aren't getting divorced, she has/had a choice to 'divorce' him or he was being killed - the character would be made to believe that the marriage never happened and the wife would be forced to keep it that way"

I am going on way too much for not being anywhere near certain I remember anything that was said.
This_Girl

Postby This_Girl on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:55 pm

I just searched howardstern.com and marksfriggin.com but I couldn't find what I was looking for...what I heard. I know it was over 3 weeks ago...but certainly within 2008 - anyway couldn't find it. Sorry. Two worthless posts.
This_Girl

Postby Izydor_Ingwar_I. on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:14 am

Knowing Grant Morrison, he has some pretty nasty things up his sleeve. He IS preparing the DC event of the year, the Final Crisis, so it's rather possible a few characters could end up dead. Or dismembered. Possibly dismembered and alive and in great pain. With some ultra-condensed non-linear cosmogenic twisting screaming... stuff.
And as I slit it open
It became clear to me that
Scalpel cuts are not as easy to close
As I'd suspected earlier.
Izydor_Ingwar_I.

Postby grasking on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:57 am

I heard a rumor that Batman gets crucified in Final Crisis.
grasking

Re:

Postby grasking on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Izydor_Ingwar_I. wrote:Knowing Grant Morrison, he has some pretty nasty things up his sleeve. He IS preparing the DC event of the year, the Final Crisis, so it's rather possible a few characters could end up dead. Or dismembered. Possibly dismembered and alive and in great pain. With some ultra-condensed non-linear cosmogenic twisting screaming... stuff.

He does come up with some wild freakin ideas; an assasin's bullet that travels back through time, kills its target and then buries itself in the past. Wtf?
grasking

Re: I hope this isn't true

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 pm

He was microwaved by Darkseid's omega rays after he shot Darkseid with a "godkiller" gun(natch). This book came out the same day of Head Games #1 and received no attention whatsoever. ASM's Obama variant was getting all the collector's attention. The next issue of "Final Crisis", showed Bats really got transported to the caveman days???

Now various Bat characters are battling over whose going to wear the cape and cowl until his return.
NewEnglandGothic

Return to Comics