Joe's SPIDERMAN!!!

See you in the funny pages...

Joe's SPIDERMAN!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Ok...so my daughter (who doesn't live with me and loves comics) came to visit and we went over to my indy comic book store today to look around. When I walked in I said "hi" to the usual suspects and one of them said, "Oh...we came across something for you." You see, they know what a Joe Hill nut I am...they save all the L&Ks for me. Well, someone brought in a boat-load of Spiderman comics to trade in and one of them was Joe's Spiderman comic. They saved it for me! They are the best!! And now I'm the proud owner. I haven't even had the guts to take it out of the plastic cover yet (I will), but I'm so excited I just had to tell everyone. The only thing that would make this better is if I could get Joe to sign it! :D

Oh...also, they said one of their staff is going to SDCC and might be able to get some L&K keys. That would be super cool!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Re: Joe's SPIDERMAN!!!

Postby Melissa on Thu May 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Ok...so my daughter (who doesn't live with me and loves comics) came to visit and we went over to my indy comic book store today to look around. When I walked in I said "hi" to the usual suspects and one of them said, "Oh...we came across something for you." You see, they know what a Joe Hill nut I am...they save all the L&Ks for me. Well, someone brought in a boat-load of Spiderman comics to trade in and one of them was Joe's Spiderman comic. They saved it for me! They are the best!! And now I'm the proud owner. I haven't even had the guts to take it out of the plastic cover yet (I will), but I'm so excited I just had to tell everyone. The only thing that would make this better is if I could get Joe to sign it! :D

Oh...also, they said one of their staff is going to SDCC and might be able to get some L&K keys. That would be super cool!

Oh, put my order in please!!
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby This_Girl on Thu May 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Wow, BB - That was so great of them to keep it aside for you! There's certainly something to be said for Indy stores!
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri May 08, 2009 6:34 am

Oh yes! I agree. You just don't get that kind of service from a big chain. Actually, "service" is not the proper word...whenever I go in there they treat me like a friend. And they know so much! I mentioned Joe's story about how Seth Fisher helped him get started in comics (from the blog) and this guy knew Mr. Fisher's whole life story...the comics he had worked on and everything. I asked him tons of questions about different comics and he answered everyone. I found myself envious that this guy loves what he does for a living. Of course he'll probably never get rich, but that doesn't really matter. BTW, he had a great idea for making movies out of comics...especially the long series comics. Instead of theatrical releases, where they have to leave so much out they should do a "Sopranos" type deal on HBO...make it a series. I wonder if that's how they should do L&K?

Regarding the keys, I'll talk to him next time I go in and see if their guy going to SDCC will pick up a few for me. I don't know what the deal will be...whether it will be one to a customer, but it can't hurt to ask him to get as many as he can.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Nerak on Fri May 08, 2009 8:31 am

Can I add my name to that list of Key getters?? PWEASE!!!
Nerak

Postby Melissa on Fri May 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Oh yes! I agree. You just don't get that kind of service from a big chain. Actually, "service" is not the proper word...whenever I go in there they treat me like a friend. And they know so much! I mentioned Joe's story about how Seth Fisher helped him get started in comics (from the blog) and this guy knew Mr. Fisher's whole life story...the comics he had worked on and everything. I asked him tons of questions about different comics and he answered everyone. I found myself envious that this guy loves what he does for a living. Of course he'll probably never get rich, but that doesn't really matter. BTW, he had a great idea for making movies out of comics...especially the long series comics. Instead of theatrical releases, where they have to leave so much out they should do a "Sopranos" type deal on HBO...make it a series. I wonder if that's how they should do L&K?

Regarding the keys, I'll talk to him next time I go in and see if their guy going to SDCC will pick up a few for me. I don't know what the deal will be...whether it will be one to a customer, but it can't hurt to ask him to get as many as he can.

I know Mark was going to try to collect some for us, until he found out he can't go. I would love to go, but we're broke, what with the wedding and all :)
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri May 08, 2009 4:06 pm

I promise...I will do what I can! :D

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Ok...so my daughter (who doesn't live with me and loves comics) came to visit and we went over to my indy comic book store today to look around. When I walked in I said "hi" to the usual suspects and one of them said, "Oh...we came across something for you." You see, they know what a Joe Hill nut I am...they save all the L&Ks for me. Well, someone brought in a boat-load of Spiderman comics to trade in and one of them was Joe's Spiderman comic. They saved it for me! They are the best!! And now I'm the proud owner. I haven't even had the guts to take it out of the plastic cover yet (I will), but I'm so excited I just had to tell everyone. The only thing that would make this better is if I could get Joe to sign it! :D

I consider Spider-Man Unlimited #8 a protoype to the Kinsey character in Locke & Key series(specifically #3) because of various ideas and characters tossed around.
For example: a character( I forgot his character's name :oops:) vomits off a a high spot and onto people below, like Kinsey did in issue #3. Another character is prone to wearing facial jewelery like Kinsey. Another character has funky hacked up hair too, punk style like Kinsey. I've always thought to three extreme sports idiots were the inspiration behind Kinsey :shock: .
NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue May 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Interesting thoughts. That didn't even occur to me. Now I have to go back and re-read it!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Francesca on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:49 pm

I haven't seen it.

"There is something I see in you. It might kill me. I want it to be true."
Francesca

Return to Comics