World War Hulk

See you in the funny pages...

Postby LauraK on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Grasking- I found copies of the zombie comic I was asking you about! I had them in plastic, buried under all of my Fangorias!! They're called Deadworld and I still have 1-9 and 18. The guy who 'borrowed' them quit buying them and had wanted to read what he missed, so he still has 10-17. I must've quit buying after that.

Here's a few covers:

Do you remember seeing them before? I'm going to sell some of my old Horror Mags and comics, if there's interest. I'm putting them up on Craigslist and cheapcycle just to see what happens. I have every issue of Gore Zone, Slaughter House, Toxic Horror and then some Clive Barker graphic novels and comics, Rex Miller's Chaingang and some Tales From the Crypt and Vault of Horrors. Who knows? I only know that mine have been sitting for years and I'm happy to go through my Fangos so why not let these go?

Anyway, just thought you might be interested in seeing the Deadworlds and wondered if they rang a bell... :)
LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Allen on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:45 pm

I am not reading Hulk. I love reading comic books. i read many trade paperbacks from library.
Allen

Postby grasking on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:08 pm

I've never seen Dead World.
grasking

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:17 pm

I love those Dead World covers. Very cool.
Dana_Jean

Postby LauraK on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:29 pm

Grasking- it was a cool comic. They can be had online now, I believe they've compiled all 26 issues into 1.

Dana- they had some kick-ass covers. I hated when I was too late to get the Graphics and had to settle for the Tame ones....

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby callygull on Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Dana Jean wrote:Sorry grasking. Are comic books more of a guy thing? Not to be sexist, but when I was a little girl, I would read comic books, but they always belonged to some boy. The only comic books I would purchase myself were spooky ones with a Tales from the Crypt or Creepshow feel to them.

Well and of course, I'm buying some comic books now, but I haven't read any of them yet.

Weigh in ladies. Are you comic book readers and faithful fans?

My little sister was one of the most avid Spider-Man readers on the block when we were younger. This also might be why she had the sarcastic smart mouth too, I hated getting in a fight with her because she could also make me feel so small. But anyway, no, it's not just guys that read comic books, there are plenty of ladies that enjoy their graphics novels.

Cally
Boat Insurance Coverage
callygull

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:37 pm

Hey poison babe, you're really digging this highlight feature aren't you? It's like a new toy isn't it? hahahahha

I'm just foolin' on you too.
Dana_Jean

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:47 pm

Are you making fun of me poisonlily? :cry:
Dana_Jean

Postby callygull on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:28 am

poisonlily wrote:
callygull wrote:
Dana Jean wrote:Sorry grasking. Are comic books more of a guy thing? Not to be sexist, but when I was a little girl, I would read comic books, but they always belonged to some boy. The only comic books I would purchase myself were spooky ones with a Tales from the Crypt or Creepshow feel to them.

Well and of course, I'm buying some comic books now, but I haven't read any of them yet.

Weigh in ladies. Are you comic book readers and faithful fans?

My little sister was one of the most avid Spider-Man readers on the block when we were younger. This also might be why she had the sarcastic smart mouth too, I hated getting in a fight with her because she could also make me feel so small. But anyway, no, it's not just guys that read comic books, there are plenty of ladies that enjoy their graphics novels.

Cally
Boat Insurance Coverage

There there.

Just kidding.

Welcome to the board. Your sister sounded cool.

I was pretty cool myself now! At least I still read comics - I love The Sandman and am addicted to The Walking Dead.

~Cally~
marine insurance agency
callygull

Re: World War Hulk

Postby frankfathom on Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:52 am

dead world was an awesome comic I miss that one.

I used to be such a weid guy about my books I never loaned them out and i kept them in pristeen condition Now I don't care I write in then I bend the covers back I through them I yell at them. I sneeze in them i've even bled on them. but I never go to the bathroom with them.
http://www.craigcaudill.com

my guilty pleasure are chicken, sushi, poetry and coffee
frankfathom

Re:

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:34 am

grasking wrote:If someone asks to borrow a book I usually comply. If they return the book fine, if not; that's fine too.
There are a few books that are off limits. 20th Century Ghosts is one. Unless you're family.

I'm the same...I NEVER lend out a book unless I'm willing to lose it. I've gotten burned too many times and learned my lesson. (I never did get my Different Seasons back). A couple of years ago hubby lent my first edition copy of A Prayer For Owen Meany to a friend of his to take on a trip overseas and I almost bitch-slapped him! (Just kidding...sorta). I worried about that til it came home. I never lend out my Hills, my Kings, my Irvings, my Tans or my Sedaris books--even to family unless they read it here at my house. I guess that's kinda selfish...but my books are my most prized possessions.

Regarding comic books, I was hooked on the Archie comics as a teenager. Yeah...I know. :oops: Still, I wish I had saved them.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Previous

Return to Comics