Best Book in Quite Some Time

Joe's first novel.

Best Book in Quite Some Time

Postby billyboyoc on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Loved HSB! Can't wait for more JH! Well done, Joe.
billyboyoc

Re: Best Book in Quite Some Time

Postby AnEvilofOne on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:10 pm

It is a great read!
AnEvilofOne

Postby LauraK on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:44 am

Welcome, Billy! You don't have to wait for more, go get 20th Century Ghosts and the comic series Locke and Key. Then check out the board for many more short stories that are floating around in various publications....

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Creepshow on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 am

Hi, I just finished the book and I think it is great! I am a huge fan of his father (Stephen King) and love all his works. Joe's book could be a King book in my opinion, so really very good! Keep up the good work Joe :D
Creepshow

Postby This_Girl on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:42 am

HI Billyboyoc & Creepshow. :)
This_Girl

Postby sybil on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:44 pm

hey, welcome, guys!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby mojomofo1 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:59 pm

I agree, one of my favorites of all time.
mojomofo1

Postby Florida on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:43 pm

Creepshow wrote:Hi, I just finished the book and I think it is great! I am a huge fan of his father (Stephen King) and love all his works. Joe's book could be a King book in my opinion, so really very good! Keep up the good work Joe :D

I think that Joe has a very different writing style than his father. And I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the "Paw" but I honestly think Joe is a better writer...:::hides:::...I've never read anything of Joe's and thought..."Will this guy get to the point already!"
I do that when I read Stephen's work. I don't mind the ride he takes me on but it can be a long one at times.
I really love Stephen King's stories because I've grown up with them and reading his books feel like home in an odd way. When I pick up a Stephen King book I know that It's going to feel familiar and comfy and Joe's work takes me by surprise every time I read something new.
I'd liken Joe's stories to movies by the Cohen brothers. Each movie feels like it's been directed by someone completely different but they are all amazing. Joe's stories are like that. You could read one and then read another without knowing it was Joe who wrote it and never guess it was his. I think that kind of talent only comes around once in a few generations and I'm so very grateful that it happens to in mine...
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Return to Heart-Shaped Box