Heart-Shaped Box in Russia

Joe's first novel.

Heart-Shaped Box in Russia

Postby igor on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:22 am

The novel has just been published in Russia, it hit the bookstores a couple of days ago. 10,000 copies were printed. I thought you might be interested to see what its front cover looks like :D
Here it is

The news travels quickly I must say because the publishing house advertises the book with a slogan "a novel by you know whose son" :D
igor

Re: Heart-Shaped Box in Russia

Postby Janice on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:10 am

igor wrote:The news travels quickly I must say because the publishing house advertises the book with a slogan "a novel by you know whose son" :D

That makes me kind of sad. Why couldn't they just have said "#whatever NY Times Bestseller" or something?!? I mean, it's great that lots of people are reading Joe's work, but I hate the marketing ploy.

So, the 'you know who' thing - is Joe's dad like Voldemort now?!?!
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby joe_hill on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:11 am

Well, I like the cover. Not too wild about this line they're using to sell the book, though. Completely aside from the fact that I think my publishers should sell HEART-SHAPED BOX on its merits, and not on my parentage, their tag-line makes it sound like Voldemort is my father.
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby joe_hill on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:13 am

Okay Janice that was kind of phreaky. I think by way of some weird message board voodoo we just posted the exact same idea at the exact same time.
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby joe_hill on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 am

Wait, WTF? You aren't hiding outside my window, in the bushes... spying on me are you?!? Or accessing NSA satellites to read my mind?

Hell, a black helicopter just roared past over the house. Where's my tinfoil hat when I need it?
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby val04463 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:20 am

Is that guys's name really Igor!! :shock:
val04463

Postby Mercy on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:41 am

Nice to meet you Igor, Very cool cover. LOL at Janice & Joe, you know they say great minds think alike right? Although doesn't Janice work in the military???? Hmmm, maybe you should go for the tin foil hat Joe. :?
Mercy

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:58 am

Hi Igor. Or is it pronounced, Egor?

Now, help me with the bags.
Dana_Jean

Postby val04463 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Igor..I wasn't being sarcastic or rude... your writing is impeccable and I welcome you to the board..

Do you have a deep voice and huge hands and feet..

Whoops..sorry..I'm very shallow!! :oops:
val04463

Postby Janice on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:25 pm

joe_hill wrote:Okay Janice that was kind of phreaky. I think by way of some weird message board voodoo we just posted the exact same idea at the exact same time.

We-elll, since I posted a whole minute before you, maybe you've got some secret Voldemort-like superpowers that pick up my brainwaves from wherever you are. Maybe those Russians are on to something...

Wait, WTF? You aren't hiding outside my window, in the bushes... spying on me are you?!? Or accessing NSA satellites to read my mind?

Hell, a black helicopter just roared past over the house. Where's my tinfoil hat when I need it?

See, now I've got to call in the MIB to have a talk with you, Joe. The little gray men don't like it when you dust off the tinfoil accessories. :wink:
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby igor on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 am

Hi everybody again

val04463
that is OK, I am really from Russia and however strange that might seem my name is Igor. It is not uncommon Russian male name :D

Dana Jean
Igor is pronounced as spelled or the way they say it in any Frankenstein movie :D Egor is another Russian male name.

Janice
oh, no it was not me in that black helicopter...really...I swear :lol:
igor

Postby LauraK on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:50 am

Welcome, Igor, and thanks for posting the Russian cover- I really like the horned-heart. :twisted:

Have to say I'm not a big fan of their tag-line ploy. Can't you Avada-Kedavra someone, Joe, and make them stop doing it?

(Btw, are we all going to have to get some sort of tattoo-mask-robe-ensemble and call you My Lord to continue being followers, er.....I mean, fans?)
;)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Welcome, Igor

Postby Barry_Wood on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:28 am

I too welcome you, Igor. I think you might be our first Russian member, though I'm not sure.

A big wave from eastern Canada. Thanks for posting the cover of Joe's book.

:D

Barry
Barry_Wood

Return to Heart-Shaped Box