Heart Shaped Box

Joe's first novel.

Re: Heart Shaped Box

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:19 pm

No bookstores! How horrible! The next thing you'll be telling us is you don't have a Starbucks either!

I wish I could find a little indy bookstore to haunt...

BTW, Jula...I don't think we've met so I want to say a special howdy do to you! Hope you have internet out in the country!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Jula on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:No bookstores! How horrible! The next thing you'll be telling us is you don't have a Starbucks either!

I wish I could find a little indy bookstore to haunt...

BTW, Jula...I don't think we've met so I want to say a special howdy do to you! Hope you have internet out in the country!

Hi, lol no, unfortunately there is no Starbucks out there -I wish- but there is internet access though. Thank thee Gods for that!
And it's nice to meet ya Betsy. :)
Jula

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:47 am

Nice to meet you, too. Hope you'll let us know what you think of Joe's books when you're finished. I don't know if you noticed, but under the topic "20th Century Ghosts" we have discussions about each story. Please feel free to opinionize...I love hearing other people's interpretations. BTW...I really like your name. I've never seen it before.

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:31 am

Has anyone seen this week's Entertainment Weekly? Neil Gaiman had a list of "New Classic Monsters" (the issue is a 25th anniversary issue and it's dedicated to the best entertainment in the last 25 years). Well number 10 was Craddock McDermott.
grasking

Postby val04463 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Is your name pronounced Jula or Hula?
val04463

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:55 pm

grasking wrote:Has anyone seen this week's Entertainment Weekly? Neil Gaiman had a list of "New Classic Monsters" (the issue is a 25th anniversary issue and it's dedicated to the best entertainment in the last 25 years). Well number 10 was Craddock McDermott.

I can sooooooooooooo get behind that! I don't read entertainment magazines normally but I just might have to buy that one. Craddock is scary for so many reasons...not least of which that Joe took a father and turned him into a monster.

BTW, as most of you know, I don't work in the bookstore anymore so I can't handsell Joe's book right now. Well, my daughter, Rachael, still works there in the cafe (Starbucks) and periodically people buy books along with their lattes. Yesterday when she had someone come up with a horror novel she mentioned HSB and told the lady she really ought to give it a try and she did! I'm so proud of my girl! :D

Betsy_Boo

Postby sybil on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 pm

just catching up - welcome jula - glad to meet you!
janis the joeker
sybil

Previous

Return to Heart-Shaped Box