Jude's name

Joe's first novel.

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Don't feel bad, ratgirl. I haven't been added yet, either, and I asked a while ago. He's a busy guy and I'm betting MySpace isn't near the top of his list of things to do these days, with the release of 2CG and the signings.

I'm trying not to take the rejection too bitterly..... :P

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

The part where Jude names himself....

Postby meridith on Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:41 am

I haven't finished the book completely yet, but he talks about giving his dad the "Judas" kiss after his dad beats his mother when they come back from running away, picks up Jude, tells him he loves him and it wasn't his fault. I think that is how he named himself-he felt he betrayed his mother in the worst possible way. He didn't name himself then, but some point I think when he left for good or something, and that is the story behind it.
meridith

Postby meridith on Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:46 am

and just to add to my last post, it fits in with all the other betrayals in the book as well.......there's a bit of a theme going on there......thought that was interesting too....like i said before, I'm not quite done yet, but I hope they find redemption! and kick some ass! LOL
meridith

Postby Michael_D on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:55 pm

Great interpretation. I don't know why I didn't pick up on the betrayl angle. His initials are also J.C. same as the guy the original Judas sold out. That could be because of the rebirth/redemption that comes throughout the book. At the begining he doesn't seem to care about anything. He's basically a jaded son of a bitch, dead to the world around him, but as the story progresses, he sort of rises out of that old life like the other JC rose from the grave.
Ooops, I forgot to put down a signature.
Michael_D

Previous

Return to Heart-Shaped Box