Just finished Heart Shaped Box

Joe's first novel.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:31 am

[quote="And Goes"]Instead of starting another thread I thought I'd add my thoughts on HSB on this one. :D

"All I can say is...Dear Mr. Hill, this book gave me a tension headache all the way thru it...THANK YOU!!! You are definately on my favorite authors list...the ONLY other book that ever did that was McCammon's Swan Song which I re-read at least every year."

Hey AG...I just read SWAN SONG for the first time a couple of months ago...great book!!! And HSB is amazing...as well as 20thCG. Read "Pop Art" again night before last...I LOVE that story!!!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby rebbie67 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:42 am

I'm gonna have to get a copy of Swan Song. I've never read it.
rebbie67

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:05 pm

rebbie67 wrote:I'm gonna have to get a copy of Swan Song. I've never read it.

Oh it's really good and creepy. Wish they'd make a movie out of that one!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Just finished Heart Shaped Box

Postby tmr on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:40 pm

Wow! This was an incredible ghost story. It was impossible to put down. I have been haunted by the story since finishing. THANK YOU for such a good read. I look forward to other stories from Joe Hill!
tmr

Postby ascension on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:53 am

Just finished this book the other day. My sister gave it to me for a birthday present. What a great present. I loved this story as it gave me chills. Excellent work Mr. Hill! I will be reading alot more of your stuff. I've been recommending this book to alot of my friends as this is a great read. Thank you.
ascension

Who said what?!

Postby rat_girl on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:15 pm

val04463 wrote:I might change Rat Girls name.....Maybe to Ben....ita...

Wah! I dont get it! My name isnt Ben, or Benita! Heres a big clue...

my website

I haven't signed in recently as my evenings have been filled with illustrating the characters from the book! I'll post some of my very rough ideas as soon as i can, if you'd like to leave your thoughts/comments/constructive criticisms...?
rat_girl

Re: Who said what?!

Postby Shane on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:07 pm

rat girl wrote:
val04463 wrote:I might change Rat Girls name.....Maybe to Ben....ita...

Wah! I dont get it! My name isnt Ben, or Benita!

Val is referring to a horror movie from 1972 called "Ben"... which was a sequel to a movie called "Willard" - both of which are about an outcast befriending rats who do his bidding (more or less). There's some telepathy with the animals, murder, and all sorts of mayhem.

Her assertion you should be renamed "Ben" is a throwback to the subject of those movies, what with your name being 'rat girl'. Hopefully this makes sense... :)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby rat_girl on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Val is referring to a horror movie from 1972 called "Ben"... which was a sequel to a movie called "Willard" - both of which are about an outcast befriending rats who do his bidding (more or less). There's some telepathy with the animals, murder, and all sorts of mayhem.

Her assertion you should be renamed "Ben" is a throwback to the subject of those movies, what with your name being 'rat girl'. Hopefully this makes sense... :)

Hahahaha! My boyfriend said he thought it was an obscure reference to Willard, but I told him to shut up! Show's what I know! Stupido!

By the way, for those of you that were interested in my illustrations, I have done some sketches of HSB characters, which can be seen here!

Please let me know what you think![/img]
rat_girl

Postby Dana_Jean on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:07 pm

edit
Last edited by Dana_Jean on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dana_Jean

Postby val04463 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:19 pm

If you ever draw me I want nice perky breasts like you gave Georgia....And I like your drawings....I picture Judas looking Like Tommy Lee...so you aren't too far off.
val04463

Postby Dana_Jean on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:36 pm

val, this makes me laugh because I thought exactly the same thing!!!!!
hahaoheohaoheoahaooheaha
Dana_Jean

Postby meridith on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:49 pm

wow rat girl your drawings are amazing (I checked out the rest of your blog) do you do comics or this stuff professionally?

rat girl wrote:

Hahahaha! My boyfriend said he thought it was an obscure reference to Willard, but I told him to shut up! Show's what I know! Stupido!

By the way, for those of you that were interested in my illustrations, I have done some sketches of HSB characters, which can be seen here!

Please let me know what you think![/img]
meridith

Postby rat_girl on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:53 am

meridith wrote:wow rat girl your drawings are amazing (I checked out the rest of your blog) do you do comics or this stuff professionally?

Thanks! I have been trying to get freelance work, but it's hard work and no one seems to want me! I'll keep plugging away tho, one day I'll get some work!!!
rat_girl

Postby And_Goes on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:36 pm

Very nice art work! Hope your career blooms!

I rather thought of Chris Christofferson for Judas...*shrug* well, I did! *snort*
I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don't know I'm only using blanks...Emo Phillips
And_Goes

Postby rat_girl on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:29 am

My fella has just started reading HSB, and it's so hard not to spoil it for him! He seems suitably scared so far!
rat_girl

PreviousNext

Return to Heart-Shaped Box