movie

Joe's first novel.

Re: movie

Postby This_Girl on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Yeah...I like the idea of Rob Zombie (pretty sure I said that somewhere in here before). I don't much about him. I don't know if he can act. I have heard him on Howard Stern twice and enjoyed him. He's smart and pretty normal, you know. Like Brian Warner (Marilyn Manson) they are pretty normal off stage.... Anyway, Rob (what I heard on the radio) was funny and a cool guy. I think he'd be a good Jude since Robgives the same kind of vibe....Like this "ooh spooky rock N roll persona" but regular old guy mad at paw lurks - sorry rambling big time.

Hi Learian. How's Cape Coral treating you?
Love your name. My daughter's name is Rian.
This_Girl

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:00 am

jude=older zakk wylde
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Learian on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:28 am

Aww Thanks for the love all, now I truly feel welcome (all warm and fuzzy inside).
Rob Zombie did act in "The Devils Rejects", and had a pretty crazy scene involving wearing a muder victims face(which his character cut off) ::crosses arms to rub biceps and rock back'n'forth, to make the bad men go away::

He can do that "Trying to hide that hint of a southern draw" thing quite well.
I just think he won't need to act THAT much really. Rob is Jude in my mind.

Although Demorganakamark has a point, Zakk would make a good Jude. Hands down my vote is definelty for Rob. Someone call his agent let's get goin on this lol.

And for the record Cape Coral is definelty NOT treating me well at all. I'm originally from Poughkeepsie NY....(where Jude DIDN'T want to travel to 45 min away from his farm house to deal with Danny Wooten). Lemme tell ya 32 yrs in the northeast you expect snow, or atleast cold, around Christmas. Palm trees with lights, although they are VERY amusing...it's just not Christmas. I can't wait to move back! No disrespect to any Floridians.

WOW that sounds like a rant .... LMAO SORRY
I want to embrace my desire to feel the rhythm,
to feel connected enough to step aside and
weep like a widow to feel inspired to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty to bathe in the fountain
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.
Learian

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:42 am

I think I could get behind Rob Zombie as Jude since you put it that way. I'm sure he could pull off Jude in the first half. My only concern would be, could he pull off the major transformation that Jude has experienced by the end of the novel.

I have to say that when I lived in Florida I had the same issues about winter/Christmas. I love cold weather...at least here in NC. I've never lived further north than that so I don't know if I'd love it up there. They get a lot more of it and it lasts a lot longer. Right now I feel like I'm in the perfect place...I get the seasons and a little bit of snow every year. One of these years I hope we get a white Christmas!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby nickijoecanuck on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm thinking for Craddock an actor that's a combo of Harry Dean Stanton, Gary Busey and Nick Nolte's mug shot:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/nolte1.html
LOL
nickijoecanuck

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:24 pm

nickijoecanuck wrote:I'm thinking for Craddock an actor that's a combo of Harry Dean Stanton, Gary Busey and Nick Nolte's mug shot:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/nolte1.html
LOL

Yeah...NN sure looks the part! Didn't he play the old Nam vet in "Tropic Thunder"?

Betsy_Boo

Postby prncsspwr on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 pm

he sure did, Betsy
prncsspwr

Postby Lollipop4598 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:36 pm

John Voit would make a great Craddock. If anyone thinks he is not old enough they must not have seen him in the last twenty years, I don't think the girls should be played by the same person. they aren't really physically the same person at all. Natalie Portman doesn't seem like a groupie or a stripper. I can't imagine her as a rock star of that type's girlfriend. I can't even imagine her liking that type of music. Christinna Rici wouldn't see "trophy' enough to date Jude either. remember he is compared to Rob Zombie, so he is not an old man like Kurt Russel.
Hmm...to be the right age, Anna and Mary Beth would have to be in the Misha Barton/ Rhon Mitra age group. Even Kate Beckinsdale is in her late thirties and looking it. The role would have to be an American actress. I think maybe Michelle Williams could be Anna.
Lollipop4598

Postby Lollipop4598 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

This_Girl wrote:Yeah...I like the idea of Rob Zombie (pretty sure I said that somewhere in here before). I don't much about him. I don't know if he can act. I have heard him on Howard Stern twice and enjoyed him. He's smart and pretty normal, you know. Like Brian Warner (Marilyn Manson) they are pretty normal off stage.... Anyway, Rob (what I heard on the radio) was funny and a cool guy. I think he'd be a good Jude since Robgives the same kind of vibe....Like this "ooh spooky rock N roll persona" but regular old guy mad at paw lurks - sorry rambling big time.

Hi Learian. How's Cape Coral treating you?
Love your name. My daughter's name is Rian.

Marilyn Manson would do great as Jude! what a good idea. Rob Zombie does look like Jude to me too, but he has never acted at all. How would he do with such a big role, I wonder? Marilyn Manson has had roles in a few movies. I saw him in Jaw Breakers a long time ago. He had a little par playing a normal guy(no make up), and he did great. Give him a berd and dreads, i think he would be good as Jude.
Lollipop4598

Postby Melissa on Sat May 30, 2009 7:20 pm

This picture of Neil Gaiman made me instantly think of Jude and the dogs and the house......what do you think? (hope it shows up right!)

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/scrapbook-and-cats.html
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun May 31, 2009 7:54 pm

OK...thanks alot Melissa. After hearing NG's voice on CORALINE over the weekend and seeing those pictures I am TOTALLY getting Jodi's attraction to NG. He is soooooooo hot! I wish I looked like AP and then I might have a chance!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Melissa on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Anyone heard anything about the movie?
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby princess-spot on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm new here and just started reading this discussion...but I'm suprised I haven't seen Johnny Depp's name up for the part of Jude?! I think he fits perfectly. He's so versatile! I can definately picture that. And Christopher Walken would definately do Craddock in my mind. As for the girls- someone mentioned Keira Knightly. I could see that. Mischa Barton just doesn't have that kind of range. In my humble opinion of course...lol.
~Spot~

Never go to bed angry...stay up and plot your revenge.
princess-spot

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm

princess-spot wrote:I'm new here and just started reading this discussion...but I'm suprised I haven't seen Johnny Depp's name up for the part of Jude?! I think he fits perfectly. He's so versatile! I can definately picture that. And Christopher Walken would definately do Craddock in my mind. As for the girls- someone mentioned Keira Knightly. I could see that. Mischa Barton just doesn't have that kind of range. In my humble opinion of course...lol.

You'd make a great casting director! When I was re-reading this thread Christopher Walken jumped to my mind for Craddock! And Johnny Depp would make a good Jude...he would have the range & acting ability to move from a damaged narcissist to enlightened & healed man! I'll have to think about Keira Knightly though...I think she could do it, but I'm not sure.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Oh...and welcome to the nut house!! :D :P

Betsy_Boo

PreviousNext

Return to Heart-Shaped Box