movie

Joe's first novel.

movie

Postby tammylaw on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:53 am

I read read over at aint-it-cool.com that Neil Jordan was been hired by Warner Bros to direct the movie. Let the virtually casting frenzie begin!!!

My pick would be Kurt Russell for Jude and Natalie Portman and Kiera Knightly for Anna and Maribeth (and Anna's nice). I'd go with Kari Wuhrer for Anna's sister. Maybe Joh Voight as the ghost.
tammylaw

Postby LauraK on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 am

Hmm, I could see Kurt as Jude. Nice choice.

No-uh-uh on John Voigt for Craddock, for me at least. He's not old and craggy enough. If he was still alive, I could see John Carradine in his role. Maybe an unknown....

For the gals? No strong feelings on who should play them...maybe Britney Spears for Anna, heh. :twisted:

I hope they do it up right. I know I've already seen the movie- in my head while reading the book. It was so visually written. :)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby grasking on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:40 pm

For Craddock, I don't know if he's still alive, the old man from Poltergiest II. "You'll all gonna die!" Or Christopher Walken. Lol.
Bruce Campbell as Jude. He's great at delivering one liners. I could see Christina Ricci as the girls. She's already played the ultimate goth daughter and co-starred with a ghost.
Last edited by grasking on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grasking

Postby LauraK on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:01 pm

:shock:

I dunno......that could work.

LK

LauraK

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:06 pm

Did you see where Richards snorted his dad's ashes in his cocaine.
Dana_Jean

Postby Janice on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Hahahaha! I busted out laughing when I read that today!!
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby grasking on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm

But who would you like to do the soundtrack?
My choice is Okkervil River. There's darkness lurking in every song; child molesters, kidnappers, murderers, unfaithful lovers, jilted lovers. Even as I was reading the book, Okkervil's "Black Sheep Boy" was playing in my head.
I'm curious if Joe was influenced by Okkervil when writing this book. I mean one line that's repeated on the album is: "There's no escaping the thing in your radio." And when Jude's dog was in the backseat dying, I couldn't help but think of the line: "Get in your battered Mustang and the backseat will be your tomb."
grasking

Postby sybil on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 am

ooooh, grasking...you made me shiver.

scary, p-lily. but really, that's about how i imagined craddock. wouldn't even have to have makeup visit.....

didn't see that article, so i looked it up and found this:
Apr 04, 2007 10:18 AM
Associated Press

LONDON – Keith Richards was joking when he claimed to have snorted his father's ashes along with cocaine, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke," said Bernard Doherty of LD Communications, which represents the Rolling Stones.

Doherty declined to say any more about why Richards made the statement in an interview with NME, a pop music magazine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," the 63-year-old guitarist was quoted as saying.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive.''

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby LauraK on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:47 pm

Oooo, grasking, you'll have to ask Joe- that sounds perfect. Maybe he did give that a listen and was influenced....that or it's an eerie coincidence and they are meant to do the soundtrack! :wink:

LK

LauraK

Postby bronc on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:51 am

As Jude was described in the book I thought of Jason Patric's character in the movie Rush, sexy in a scruffy biker sort of way.
bronc

Postby thehorrorfan on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:43 am

Did anybody see the interview with Tommy Chong while he was in jail and after he got out? He wasn't in character for those interviews. He can be rather intense when he wants to. Given his age and look along with those interviews I think he could play Jude.
thehorrorfan

Postby LauraK on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:53 am

Has Joe ever said who he'd like to see as Jude, Craddock, Marybeth, Anna, etc?

LK

LauraK

Postby Samoa_Girl on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Did I forget to mention that I took drama for 6 yrs in high school? Damn, guess no one wants to see a nobody on the big screen. :( LOL
Sometimes I get the urge to run around naked, but then I drink some Windex and it keeps me from streaking.
Samoa_Girl

Postby slothrop on Thu May 24, 2007 6:24 pm

dennis hopper would be cool for craddock imo

jennifer connelly for anna

monica Whats her name from the matrix for jessica(cos shes prittie)

quentin tarantino for danny

henry rollins for jude

k-9 from the film k-9 as bon

can't think of anyone for georgia

but i am super crap at these types of games
Cheers!
nothing is true, everything is permitted

slothrop

Postby apt_pupil1966 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 am

I would go with Joe's own choice for craddock of Charlton Heston i think it was the american gothic image that made me really see him in the role.
apt_pupil1966

Next

Return to Heart-Shaped Box