...Pages missing!

Joe's first novel.

...Pages missing!

Postby lillybet on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:27 am

Have a lil' problem.

Just bought 'Heart Shaped Box' and began to read it at the weekend. Got to page 40...where Jude is talking to Jessica Price about the ghost she sent him- and the pages are missing!

The publishers'/manufacturers' have not checked this batch of books that got sent to this part of the UK, as my book is missing pages 40-89! quite distraught. The real bummer is I can't even take the book back to get a new one- the shop I bought it from (Borders) has gone into liquidation and closed down.

Anyone able to briefly summarise to me what happens in those missing pages for me or do I need to bin the book and start again? that, by the way, is a terrible thing to ever happen to a book! I've never binned a book before in my life :cry:

Not a good introduction to Mr Hill for me.

Ever hopeful,

Lillybet xx
lillybet

Re: ...Pages missing!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:44 am

Gosh...that really sucks! I'll see what I can do, although I may not have time to do a summary right away. To be honest, I'd probably buy a new one because HSB is a book I'd want to have in my collection, but I'm with you about throwing away books. Even books I ended up not liking I always donate. I remember once (a looooong time ago) breaking up with a guy who sent me back all the gifts, (including books) I had given him. The whole thing was so painful I dearly wanted to throw them out so I didn't have to look at them and be reminded, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I threw out the gifts, but donated the books.
Anyway, welcome to the board!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Re: ...Pages missing!

Postby lillybet on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:44 am

Thankyou for that Betsy Boo. A summary would be great but if not, no worries. I'm sure I'll get a couple of book vouchers this Crimbo to buy another copy x
lillybet

Return to Heart-Shaped Box