Finished reading the ARC of Horns!

The devil is in the details.

Finished reading the ARC of Horns!

Postby gregz on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:18 am

I just wanted to say that the book is made out of awesome!
I'm not going to say anything plot related just wanted to share that if you haven't read it get ready for an awesome journey.
gregz

Re: Finished reading the ARC of Horns!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:21 am

Lucky guy! Sigh... :(
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks for not posting any spoilers. :) Be sure to come back for the discussions once it's released! In the meantime- welcome, gregz! :D

*more excited to read it now...if that's possible...*

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I got an ARC of HORNS from an internet friend. A truly wonderful, kind, sweet internet friend! I'm about 60 pages in and I have to say that so far it's everything I'd hoped for! I've read alot over the years and believe me, finding someone who can write AND has a fantastic imagination AND understands the human condition AND has a sense of humor is very rare. Joe Hill has all of this and more. I know I get a little overly enthusiastic about Joe sometimes, but believe me...it's because I rarely find an author who has it all! Joe...sincerely, you're the best!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Just finished HORNS. I love this feeling I'm having right now. It's the one you get when you read a book and you feel simply overwhelmed. There are so many thoughts and emotions (all of them) raging that you can't get them in order enough to explain what it is you think about what you just read. All I can say at this point is, Wow...I freaking loved this book & I'm in love with Ig Perrish! I wish I was a better writer so I could explain more clearly without spoiling anything for anyone. Can't wait till the book is released so we can talk about it! Thanks Joe!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Merrin on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 am

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the UK version of Horns to read before Chrismas and i have to agree with the other posters that its a wonderfull book! The plot is well worked and really makes the characters stand out as real people alowing you to feel their every emotion. So for everybody who hasn't yet read the book, you are in for a real treat!
Merrin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:18 am

Merrin wrote:I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the UK version of Horns to read before Chrismas and i have to agree with the other posters that its a wonderfull book! The plot is well worked and really makes the characters stand out as real people alowing you to feel their every emotion. So for everybody who hasn't yet read the book, you are in for a real treat!

AMEN! (BTW, LOVE your user name!)

Betsy_Boo

Postby Selena on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Just finished HORNS. I love this feeling I'm having right now. It's the one you get when you read a book and you feel simply overwhelmed. There are so many thoughts and emotions (all of them) raging that you can't get them in order enough to explain what it is you think about what you just read. All I can say at this point is, Wow...I freaking loved this book & I'm in love with Ig Perrish! I wish I was a better writer so I could explain more clearly without spoiling anything for anyone. Can't wait till the book is released so we can talk about it! Thanks Joe!

I am sooooooo anticipating this feeling... I've got the book locked and loaded... just a few more pesky business things to get out of the way (dang job!) before I can start reading! WOOT!
*~*~Selena~*~*
Selena

Return to HORNS