Inside look at HORNS

The devil is in the details.

Re: Inside look at HORNS

Postby dragynlady on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:23 pm

LMAO....I'm a Sucker!!!
dragynlady

Postby Shane on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:30 am

LauraK wrote:Karma, Shane.......you might wind up stuck on an elevator with a big dude who has halitosis and B.O. while loud muzak is piped in........ :twisted:

I don't know about that... God loves Rick Rolling people, so I think I'm in the clear. Especially since it was just for April 1! :wink:

This_Girl wrote:Hee Hee Haa Haa....My Brother in law has been tryin' to Rick Roll Me for a few months now without success. Shane was able to do it instantly.
Lesson learned...read others' comments before clicking Shane's links.

Wellllll, now that April Fool's Day is over, I hope that everyone can go back to our normal roles and routines: I'll not play anymore pranks, and you can all go back to trusting me once again. Until next year... [rubs hands together, cues lightening and ominous music...evil maniacal laughter]
Shane
Site Admin

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:08 am

How did people get it to stop playing. I had to turn off my computer.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:18 am

demorganakamark wrote:How did people get it to stop playing. I had to turn off my computer.

CTRL/ALT/DELETE! That's the only thing that would stop it for me. At one point I was getting scared! I started thinking it was some kind of virus.
And Shane...I really want to be able to trust you from now on, but it ain't gonna be easy. :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:46 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:
demorganakamark wrote:How did people get it to stop playing. I had to turn off my computer.

CTRL/ALT/DELETE! That's the only thing that would stop it for me. At one point I was getting scared! I started thinking it was some kind of virus.
And Shane...I really want to be able to trust you from now on, but it ain't gonna be easy. :)

Okay, so first off... I would never do anything to seriously mess up one's computer. Not even on April Fool's Day. Sorry if you thought I might, but rest assured from here on out you're not gonna have such questions with things from me.

Mark: the easiest way to stop it is to just let the window settle, and then once the lyrics start popping up in those windows, just hold down the ENTER key. It'll cycle through them like a bullet, and then you could close the window. Sorry if that wasn't an obvious option.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Shane...I didn't mean to imply that you would do something bad to our computers. I know you wouldn't do something like that. I mentioned the virus because when I couldn't get it to stop I thought about that worm someone was supposed to release on April Fools and that somehow it was not allowing me to get out of the video. Honestly, I really did think it was funny. And I was seriously kidding when I said I wouldn't be able to trust you in the future. I hope I didn't offend you!

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Now I, otoh, was starting to get pissed! When every lyric window popped up and I'd click enter, up would pop another and another infinity, lol. So I had to click em all one by one til the whole thing cycled through....all the while playing that inane song. :evil: Wish I'd known to hold down the enter key......

God probably does have a sense of humor and I bet he'll be watching for you to get your payback...... :twisted:

Now if you'd posted a thread saying that Joe was going to do a tour of the Eastern states, and then said APRIL FOOL! There would have been bloodshed....

No harm done. I just remember having my old, slow puter and if I'd had to ctrl/alt/del and reboot, that would've burned some serious time.

You got us....you got us good! :o

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Well I was sincerely grateful for my mute button! And it could have been an even more irritating song...hard to believe, but it's true!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Stephanie on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 am

C'mon Shane, rick rolling is SOOOOOO 2008 - still, you got me. My bullsh*t detector went off but I still could not control myself, I mean if there was even the slightest chance of a look at the upcoming novel - what was I gonna do, not click on it?!

Anyhow, congrats - I have never been rick rolled before. Quite the April Fool's joke :)
Stephanie

Postby Shane on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:15 pm

This_Girl wrote:Hee Hee Haa Haa....My Brother in law has been tryin' to Rick Roll Me for a few months now without success. Shane was able to do it instantly.
Lesson learned...read others' comments before clicking Shane's links.

Really? That rules! Haha, your brother is wicked jealous of me, I'm sure! :wink:

dragynlady wrote:LMAO....I'm a Sucker!!!

Nahhhh, not totally! Just caught off guard for April One!

Stephanie wrote:C'mon Shane, rick rolling is SOOOOOO 2008 - still, you got me. My bullsh*t detector went off but I still could not control myself, I mean if there was even the slightest chance of a look at the upcoming novel - what was I gonna do, not click on it?!

Anyhow, congrats - I have never been rick rolled before. Quite the April Fool's joke :)

This was good to hear. Popped your Rick Roll'ing cherry -- an accomplishment of some merit, I think! Now, if only I got you on both occasions... that would have been something!

2008, eh? I like to go retro every now and again! What can I say? "I'm bringing Roll'ing baaaack...!" [to the tune of 'I'm bringing sexy back']
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:32 pm

:lol:

Betsy_Boo

Postby Stephanie on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:10 pm

This was good to hear. Popped your Rick Roll'ing cherry -- an accomplishment of some merit, I think! Now, if only I got you on both occasions... that would have been something!

2008, eh? I like to go retro every now and again! What can I say? "I'm bringing Roll'ing baaaack...!" [to the tune of 'I'm bringing sexy back']

Ha - Yes, Shane, you the man.

I contemplated plotting some type of revenge. I even asked the guys my husband works with if there is an appropriate method of payback for Rick Rolling. The positive is that I learned an important lesson about not asking Programmers to provide you with Internet content. :oops: Ouch. The negative? Let's just say I haven't the stomach, or spine, to wrastle Internet-style (not to mention I have no idea how I would have gotten you to click on my link)
Stephanie

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Yeah Stephanie...I thought about trying something myself, but these prank wars have a tendency to escalate. Who knows what Shane the Webmaster would've come up with next?!? :)

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Yeah Stephanie...I thought about trying something myself, but these prank wars have a tendency to escalate. Who knows what Shane the Webmaster would've come up with next?!? :)

Yes...you must be careful with such things.
Longy story short; I once played a prank on my father making him believe that Dan Marino (formally of the Miami Dolphins) sent him a birthday ecard...well, he was so excited and shared it w/everyone. I felt horrible :oops: Someone told him what I had done... and my payback?!?!?!? Completely inappropriate and not equal, was to get a phone call while I was having a nice dinner that my mother was in a bad accident. I will NEVER prank him again. He doesn't know how to payback nicely.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Ouch!! Thanks for sharing TG...you definitely helped me make my point!

Betsy_Boo

PreviousNext

Return to HORNS