PS HORNS--SOME TRAYCASES ARE DAMAGED.

The devil is in the details.

Re: PS HORNS--SOME TRAYCASES ARE DAMAGED.

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:58 pm

James wrote:I'm in the US. I believe I'll still be shipping it back on Monday...unless I hear from Mike.

He told you to ship it back(you told him that you are in the US)...i was hearing from someone else that they may be working out another solution. A little confusing.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 am

found this on PS publishing site:

Returns Policy

If your order arrives damaged, please return it to us (we will issue a refund for the cost of postage), including the packaging in which it arrived if possible. A replacement item will be offered, and in the event that such an item is no longer available, a full refund will be given (including the cost of returning the item to us).

If your order arrives and you are, for any other reason, dissatisfied with the items included, please contact PS Publishing as soon as possible so we can discuss the best way to resolve the situation to everyone's satisfaction.
demorganakamark

Postby James on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 am

I'll still be sending just the traycase back on Monday. I'm thinking that they more than likely created only a certain amount of extra traycases in the event of damages...fewer than ten more than likely. 200 were shipped out and if only 5% were damaged then that's all ten. With how mine was packaged I'd be willing to bet that more than 5% were damaged. I'm not really interested in a refund on my purchase...I just want a new traycase. With that being said if they do wind up requiring us to send back the damaged ones I want to get mine in quick so I can get a replacement. They can refund me the shipping later.

In the end, I can't believe I spent $300 on a book that they shipped out in such a careless way.

Again, the people at PS are cool, so I' sure they'll take care of it.
James

Postby James on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Just looked through the artwork in the tc edition and man did they do a good job. I plan on reading through the aditional chapters this evening...eagerly anticipating! Ohhh, I can't wait for Joe's next one.
James

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Looking at the traycase...i wonder if its not used for other books as well. It doesnt seem like its made to be exclusive to just horns....IMO
demorganakamark

Postby Merrin on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 am

Mine was damaged too, but living in the Uk it only cost me around £2.50 to send the traycase back and i now have a pristine copy that was packaged properly ... they also sent me a copy of Postscripts #10 for my trouble so for me im very satisfied!
Merrin

Postby James on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:58 am

Hey, great to hear Merrin...well, not your traycase being damaged but the fact that they sent you a new one out so quickly, it being packaged well and them sending you Postscripts #10 for your trouble.

I knew PS would wind up doing it up right. Mike emailed me this morning and they'll be sending my traycase out in advance, but I will still need to ship mine back. I don't have any problem with that at all...but I hope they reimburse the shipping cost. I'm sure they will.

I feel sorry for PS that the shipping services banged up the boxes, but it seems like PS is being top notch. I think in the future they'll package items a bit better. Bill from SubPress does the best packaging job I've ever seen. I think things from SubPress actually arrive in even better condition that when they left...lol
James

Postby Merrin on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 am

Well i think that they brought the problem on themselves with the poor packaging job ... if they had spent a little more on the packaging they would have saved themselves alot of trouble! But like you said i think they are going about sorting all the problems in the right way!

Have you read the extra's James? I smiled at Ig's grandad's name :)
Merrin

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 am

Received email from PS pub...and they are sending a replacement traycase right away....no need to send the damaged one back.....THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT....PS STEPPED UP AND KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE FREAKN PARK.
demorganakamark

Postby Merrin on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 am

its good that they have sorted it for you!!!
Merrin

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:59 am

me 2 Merrin...very impressed with PS...i dont know why i even worried.
demorganakamark

Postby James on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 am

demorganakamark, I just received the same email as-well. They're not having US customers send them back due to shipping costs. That's great news.

By the way, I think you worried for the same reason I did. But they solved the problem and did it up right...kudos to PS.
James

Postby James on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 pm

What To Do With A Damaged TRAYCASE:

Perfect storage for those hard to store Joe Hill chapbooks.
James

Postby James on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:55 am

demorganakamark,

Did you get your new traycase yet...still waiting for mine.
James

Postby Merrin on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:19 am

James wrote:demorganakamark,

Did you get your new traycase yet...still waiting for mine.

i imagine that they have been delayed because of the problems with the volcanic ash!
Merrin

PreviousNext

Return to HORNS