PS Publishing version of 'Horns'

The devil is in the details.

PS Publishing version of 'Horns'

Postby DavidK44 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:10 am

Hello all,

De-lurking to post the Joe Hill-relevant portion of PS Publishing's e-newsletter. It's not up on their website yet, however. I'm sure that someone will post here as soon as it is!

Here's the link to their webpage store: http://store.pspublishing.co.uk/

Regards, DavidK

------------------------------------------------

On the dilemma of Horns

No, it's not another of PS's famous goofs... you read it right. We've had a few enquiries following an announcement on Joe Hill's website so we may as well come clean. We will be doing a 500-copy limited edition of Joe's second PS novel, Horns - there'll be 300 slipcased copies signed by the man himself, and 200 traycased copies signed by Joe and artist Vinny Chong.

The slips will feature a wraparound dust-jacket cover (with the cover art also on the actual boards) plus four interior colour plates. The trays will feature a different dust-jacket (though the boards will still have the artwork from the slipcased edition) plus an additional interior piece... which will complement a deleted chapter from the book (note: the deleted chapter will feature only in the traycased edition).

We'll be putting up the order page as soon as we get some artwork in from Vinny. The book is currently scheduled for February 2010, and the prices will be as follows:

300 slipcased copies signed by Joe, with wraparound cover A (on both the boards and the dust-jacket) and four interior colour illustrations - £75 [$125 approx. at current rates of exchange]

200 traycased copies, signed by Joe and Vinny Chong, with wraparound cover B on the dust-jacket (and cover A on the boards), with the same four interior colour illustrations PLUS a deleted chapter AND an extra colour illustration - £200 [$330 approx. at current rates of exchange]

And get this: once the order page is up, all copies ordered before the end of 2009 will feature a reduction of £10 for the slips (to £65) and £25 for the trays (to £175)... and that's in addition to the usual pre-publication free postage offer (which will run all the way through to the day finished copies are received from the printers).

Please also note that customers who bought Gunpowder may request the same number for Horns; this will also apply to any future books or novellas from Joe.

And finally, the person ordering the first traycase on the ordering page will receive #1, as will the person ordering the first slipcase. (Please note that we will be strictly limiting copies to one per person, whatever the combination of slips and trays.)

-----------------------------------------------
DavidK44

Re: PS Publishing version of 'Horns'

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Yeah...I got that newsletter too. I may just have to pry open my wallet...at least for the slipcase edition. Although it's gonna KILL me not to have that deleted chapter. :( Unfortunately with 2 girls in college there's no way I can afford $330.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby dyetye on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:04 am

I'd like to get one, but I am not sure I can even swing the $125. Am i correct in reading the email that if I order by the end of 2009, I get a discount, and free shipping? So that would be about $110 total? Still not sure if I can squeeze this one by my wife or not...been trying to cut back...
dyetye

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:35 pm

I think(know) that im going get one....just havent decided which one yet.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby grasking on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Looks like it's back to working the street corners.
grasking

Postby Patrick on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:51 am

Very excited about this book!
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Postby James on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:57 am

I've been checking PS about eight times every day for the last few months.
James

Postby herbie1976 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 pm

I emailed the owner directly and according to them they may not put it up on the website, it might just be an email sent out to people who subscribe to the email newsletter, but they havent decided yet! Am the same as James checking both their site and my emails everyday as cant wait to get my hands on this book!
Thanks to Pete I was able to get my hands on a slipcased numbered/signed edition of Gunpowder and saved getting ripped off by people on ebay etc
Vinny Chong rules!
herbie1976

Postby herbie1976 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Guys I had to go hunting for this as knew I had my reply somewhere, but this is what I got from Nicky: -

Hi Tony,

Good to hear from you.

We haven't decided when we will be putting HORNS up on the site yet, but we will make sure that our customers are given some notice. The announcement will be made in a newsletter so all I can suggest is that you keep checking the site.

Best wishes

Nicky
Vinny Chong rules!
herbie1976

Postby James on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Text & Buy...

Okay, not sure if I'm breaking blog protocol here,
but it seems like we have several people checking
the PS website around eight times a day. My biggest
worry is that when they go up for sale...boom...they'll
be gone like Taylor Swift concert tix.

So, here's what I propose...we put together a texting
campaign in which if you check the PS site and the book
goes on sale, you purchase your copy and text the rest
of everyone that's in the club?

I'm sure I won't get any takers on this, but if I do
contact myself at octowings brat (without the br)
themail which is hot dotttttt com. Okay, I may have
taken that a bit far, but I think everyone understands
what my email address is. If you're interested email
me and I'll be a bit of a moderator. I'll take everyone's
cell numbers and I'll also provide my number to everyone.
For security reasons, I'm no hacker, I'll be the lone person
holding the cell numbers. Then, if you find out the book
has gone on sale just text myself "HORNS ON SALE" and
I'll send a mass text to all in the club.

If interested just email the address above. Even if we only
get a few people on this it will tripple everyone's chances of
getting a copy.
James

Postby herbie1976 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Wouldnt work for me as am in the UK, but if I see or hear anything due to time zone difference I'll post a notice here!
Vinny Chong rules!
herbie1976

Postby herbie1976 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 am

Hey People heads up see below: -

Prepare to pre-order Joe Hill's Horns on October 11th!
We've got lots more goodies coming up but we'll fill you in on these as we move along. Dirk Berger is hard at it on the artwork (wraparound cover plus three full colour interiors) for Steve Erikson's Crack'd Pot Trail (which is available for pre-order right now, by the way) while Vinny Chong is chained to his desk working on Joe Hill's Horns (two wraparound covers and five interiors).

We'll show you some progress as soon as we're able - meanwhile, please note that the order page for Horns will go live on Sunday 11 October 2009 at 6 pm UK time. Remember - there'll be two states: slipcased, signed by Joe, containing four interior colour plates, plus a deleted chapter, priced at £65 until the end of the year when it'll go to £75; traycased, signed by Joe and Vinny Chong, containing five interior plates, the deleted chapter plus a little extra something from Joe, priced at £175 until the end of the year when it'll go to £200.
Vinny Chong rules!
herbie1976

Postby James on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:09 am

Yep...just checked my email.

It's almost time to get your order in.
James

Postby dyetye on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:09 am

so, in case I am able to get this (65 GBP is about 105 USD, I think), what time is in for Central time when it is 6pm UK time?
dyetye

Postby James on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:54 am

They are 6 hours ahead of Central US time, so it will be NOON.
James

Next

Return to HORNS