20th Century Ghost

Postby Patrick on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Patrick wrote:Hi Joe,

Will the U.S. release be identical to the U.K. release in terms of the stories included or will there be any variation in the story list?

Just wondering. Thanks.
- Patrick

joe_hill wrote:Patrick,

The final shape and form of the US edition is still up in the air, but it's coming together pretty quickly. There was one story that didn't make it into the PS edition - I tinkered with it for too long, until it was too late to squeeze it into the book. So there's a pretty good chance that one will be in the US version. Assuming it works out, I'd be a pretty happy guy, since thematically it fits well with the other stories.

A new story? Awesome. Hope it makes into the final US version. Thanks, Joe. :)
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:45 pm

Fantastic!!! I've already pre-ordered my copy from B&N. What's the name of the new story, Joe? Has it been published anywhere else?

I hope you guys don't mind, but I still feel a bit uncomfortable discussing 20CG until it is released this fall. I just don't want to give anything away...I know how I'd be if I saw the "spoiler alert". I'd be so curious I wouldn't be able to help myself.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Patrick on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:48 pm

Betsy Boo wrote:Fantastic!!! I've already pre-ordered my copy from B&N. What's the name of the new story, Joe? Has it been published anywhere else?

I hope you guys don't mind, but I still feel a bit uncomfortable discussing 20CG until it is released this fall. I just don't want to give anything away...I know how I'd be if I saw the "spoiler alert". I'd be so curious I wouldn't be able to help myself.

Hi Betsy,

You could always start threads by story and say "SPOILERS" in the thread title, or you could start one big "SPOILER" thread for people who have finished the book. Then people won't accidentally run into something they haven't come to yet.

In fact, the same could be done in a thread (in the appropriate forum) for those who have finished Heart Shaped Box.

Just an idea.
- Patrick

Patrick

Postby aaron2010 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:41 am

This is great news, Joe. I cannot wait to get a copy. To have it released this year is a great move by the publisher. With HSB fresh in the minds of people, 20CG should be another big seller.

Yay!!!!

Postby sybil on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:26 pm

yeah patrick, i think she knows that. i think what she's saying is that if she saw a thread like that, her curiosity would MAKE her read it even tho it would spoil it for her, and she doesn't want to put that temptation out there for anyone else as curious as she is.

sorry if i spoke out of turn, betsy, or if i got that wrong.
sybil

Postby Patrick on Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:34 am

sybil wrote:yeah patrick, i think she knows that. i think what she's saying is that if she saw a thread like that, her curiosity would MAKE her read it even tho it would spoil it for her, and she doesn't want to put that temptation out there for anyone else as curious as she is.

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. :)

Still I think that if a thread is clearly marked "SPOILERS" in the title, then those who want can discuss things freely without worry. I trust those who haven't finished it are adult enough to make their own decisions about what to do when faced with a spoiler warning.

Patrick

Postby zombie on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Will there be signed limited editions of the new US version? Deluxe editions? :D I must make sure I get every possible version and try to get them each for a friend as well. We've each got little collections started and it would be nice to know if I need to start saving up and watching for them before I end up throwing all my money at Ebay again when it's too late to get them straight from the publisher.
zombie

Postby Patrick on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:31 pm

I sure hope so!

And I hope we hear about it before all the scalpers, I mean speculative resellers, buy them by the dozen and eat up all the supply on day one - forcing us to pay jacked up prices on eBay.
Last edited by Patrick on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick

Postby zombie on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:38 am

Yes, it would be nice to avoid that.
zombie

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:30 pm

Patrick wrote:
sybil wrote:yeah patrick, i think she knows that. i think what she's saying is that if she saw a thread like that, her curiosity would MAKE her read it even tho it would spoil it for her, and she doesn't want to put that temptation out there for anyone else as curious as she is.

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. :)

Still I think that if a thread is clearly marked "SPOILERS" in the title, then those who want can discuss things freely without worry. I trust those who haven't finished it are adult enough to make their own decisions about what to do when faced with a spoiler warning.

Yes, sybil...you are exactly right. And Patrick...I have yet to meet someone who loves books AND is an adult. No offense...I mean that as a compliment. I've never had much use for adults. You know you would read a "spoiler"...tell the truth and shame the devil.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Patrick on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:23 pm

LOL! (I say that because I find this smilie a bit creepy: :lol: )

Personally I avoid spoiler threads like the plague unless I've completed the relevant book. I don't skip ahead when I read, I don't typically read critics' reviews of movies I plan to see, and I don't peek at my Christmas presents before December 25th. :wink:

None of that makes me an adult, I was that way as a kid as well (well, ok, except for the Christmas presents thing). I just like stories told in the order and the timing in which the storyteller means to reveal them - they are always better that way.

Patrick

Postby sybil on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:14 am

i'm dying at the 2 threads over in the H-SB forum that have spoiler warnings in the subject line!! but i'm not reading them! :shock: doesn't make me an adult, tho. ;)
sybil

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:07 pm

I hope I didn't offend. I just know how I am. I'm so grateful that I have had the chance to read 20CG, because I would not have been able to resist checking out what folks had to say about it. Having said that, I promise, on my honor as a true book lover, that I never skip to the end of a book I'm reading. I have a little self control...not much, but enough.

And you're right, Patrick...that smilie IS creepy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Betsy_Boo

Postby Patrick on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:50 pm

Betsy Boo wrote:I hope I didn't offend. I just know how I am. I'm so grateful that I have had the chance to read 20CG, because I would not have been able to resist checking out what folks had to say about it. Having said that, I promise, on my honor as a true book lover, that I never skip to the end of a book I'm reading. I have a little self control...not much, but enough.

And you're right, Patrick...that smilie IS creepy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No offense taken whatsoever.

Now tell your smilies to quit quivering their lip at me.

:D

Patrick

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:20 pm

I almost wish you hadn't pointed out how creepy those smilies are...the more I look at them the more I see it. Are they supposed to be laughing? And have you noticed how the eyebrows move? Geez...maybe Joe could write a story about creepy smilies?

Betsy_Boo

PreviousNext

Return to Joe Hill Message Board