Another possibly stupid question about the edited main page

Another possibly stupid question about the edited main page

Postby Janice on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:02 pm

So I rolled my cursor over the 20TH CG icon at the top left, and the cover changed to "On sale now", which I guess it technically is, on eBay and overseas... but I digress. Anyhow, when I next rolled my cursor over the H-SB cover on the top right side of the screen, I was informed that H-SB will go on sale October 16, 2007.

Hmmm.

I guess H-SB will technically be for sale on October 16, 2007, but I'm thinking that it's not some extra-special day of sale, right? :roll: So I'm guessing that the "On Sale Now" and the "On Sale October 16, 2007" should be flipped, huh?

God, I need to get a life.
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby LauraK on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:57 pm

I think you're right.

2CG is available for pre-orders now and will be released Oct. 16...

You knew enough to roll your cursor over em....I didn't. :wink:

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby joe_hill on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:20 am

Janice, thanks for the head's up. You're right, they're flipped backwards. That should be a quick fix, though...
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby sybil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:38 am

can somebody post me the link to the main page, please? my saved link doesn't work, and neither does typing it in. thanks!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Shane on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:40 am

sybil wrote:can somebody post me the link to the main page, please? my saved link doesn't work, and neither does typing it in. thanks!

Just click on the joehillfiction banner at the top of any of these pages if you'd like. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby sybil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:45 am

wow - that wasn't working for me yesterday, either, shane. but it did just now. i musta just had some kinda glitch yesterday. good to see you...haven't heard much from ya lately! all going well?
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Shane on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

sybil wrote:wow - that wasn't working for me yesterday, either, shane. but it did just now. i musta just had some kinda glitch yesterday. good to see you...haven't heard much from ya lately! all going well?

Thanks. Yeah, all's well on this side of the interweb, just been busy with a bunch of side things and returning from a quick, though incredibly fun trip. The link at the top should hopefully always be working at this point.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Dana_Jean on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 pm

What happened to the messageboard today?
Dana_Jean

Postby Janice on Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:55 am

Every time the board goes all crazy, I figure that Joe and Shane have finally had enough of me and have decided to ban me. The like 5 hours later the board's working again. Go figure.

That's my long way of saying I have no idea, DJ.
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby Shane on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:43 am

Janice wrote:Every time the board goes all crazy, I figure that Joe and Shane have finally had enough of me and have decided to ban me. The like 5 hours later the board's working again. Go figure.

Nahhh, nothing that drastic.

For a long time, our hosts for the message board, Informe.com, were able to handle all the traffic for their services. Since they offer free services, and are relatively well done, you can imagine the word gets out on such things and that means more people start using it. Well, Informe has been implementing new options for their boards as well as adding new servers (or switching to better ones from time to time). When they do this, it knocks out their boards for a bit of time. So, when the message board is down with those weird errors, it's not you but rather the hosts performing some sort of repair, updating, or maintenance.

You can email me about it if you have any concerns, since I'm in touch with the people at Informe, and some of you do this... which is all well and good. However, should anything permanent or drastic happen to the board here, you'll be able to read about it over on the main page of the website.

Sorry for the downtime - I know it's a pain sometimes. But, it's (supposed to be) for the greater good! :wink:
Shane
Site Admin

Postby LauraK on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:07 am

When I couldn't get here yesterday I was imagining Shane hunched over his keyboard sweating, angry... pounding at the keys trying to get this place working, lol.

Sorry dude.

Glad it's back, though... :wink:

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Janice on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:30 am

Shane wrote:Sorry for the downtime - I know it's a pain sometimes. But, it's (supposed to be) for the greater good! :wink:

You've been re-reading the Deathly Hallows, haven't you? The greater good??

I'm sure that the board's occasional downtime is only truly painful for those of us who, like me, don't have a thriving social life to divert their attention. So while being separated from the board during these renovations creates excruciating boredom, I guess it's just a great big neon sign of an indicator that I need to cultivate some hobbies. :roll:

Janice

Postby Nerak on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:49 am

It's always seems to be down when I am up at 4 or 5am feeding the baby and need something to read.

Poor Shane always gets my panicing emails!

"WHERE'S THE MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!" LOL

And he's always responded like, "What do you mean where is it, it's right where I left it, you silly dolt!" LOL

j/k Shane, you are always nice as spice! HE HE
Nerak

Return to Joe Hill Message Board