First Annual August Chalk-off

Postby woodward27 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Wowa, I can't belive i got 5th place :shock: Many thanks to Joe and Shane for picking my entry as one of the winners. I really didn't think i would come close, but hey the sun shines on a dogs butt sometimes right? Congratulations to the other winners all well deserved and definatly all worthy winners. I can't wait to read 20th Century Ghosts, Heart Shaped Box was awesome. Words can't express the feeling of joy i have knowing im getting a Copy of 20th Centry Ghosts. I hope Joe wouldn't mind signing my prize before its mailed to me PLEASE!!!. Can't wait for next years chalk off, I wonder what the theme will be.
If ya gonna go down, go down blazing.
woodward27

Postby Dana_Jean on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:59 pm

congrats Wood! Nice drawing and welcome to the board. Let us know what you think of the book when you get it read.
Dana_Jean

Postby woodward27 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:19 pm

Thanks Dana for the welcome and the comment about my drawing. Of course I will let you know what I think of the book after I have read it, but as you can imagine, its going to be great.
woodward27

Postby Barry_Wood on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Welcome Woodward. Always nice to see another Wood around.
Barry_Wood

Postby LauraK on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:38 pm

I guess this board officially has wood now.....[Butt-HeadVoice]Huh, huh-huh, huh-huh, huh, huh-huh.[/Butt-HeadVoice]

Really- congrats to you, too, Woodward. Great drawing- I'd love to be able to see all of them....
LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby woodward27 on Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:00 am

Cheers Wood and not forgetting you Laura. Thanks for the welcome and the comments on my picture. Yes it would be great to see all the other entries. I wonder if Joe or Shane may post some of the near misses for us all to view. Your entery Laura was very good and really precise, you definatly deserve your place in the top five.
woodward27

Postby LauraK on Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:35 pm

Thank you, Woodward...you make me blush. :oops: :)

I really didn't expect to place- mine wasn't all colorful and cool like the others. I just tried to make it look right. Tempest was my fave, though, and I had fun doing it. Glad I've got the pics since it rained about a wk later and *poof* it was gone from the driveway.

I wanted my husband to do Root Beer Tapper but he never got around to it.

Maybe next year..... ;)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Previous

Return to Joe Hill Message Board