HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..................

Postby LauraK on Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:59 pm

I admire what you've done, Alden. :)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby PsychicAlden on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Aw shucks, Laura. :oops: Twernt nuthin much. Just the way it all turned out, and I'm okay with it. I won't lie and say the path was smooth---it was anything but---in spite of the side journeys and pitfalls, here I am!

Now won't my career opps students be surprised tomorrow when I give them their first homework assignment---a brief essay entitled 'What I Want to Be When I Grow Up'. (Helps me figure out where their heads are)

My psych class attendees will be required to stand before the class and explain why they ended up in this course. Later, I'll assign them a little light reading, only 2 chapters. Then I'll hit 'em with a pop quiz on Friday. The sooner they all figure out I'm not one of those legendary 'easy' instructors, the better off they'll be.

So what's everyone been up to??
The door opens inward...
PsychicAlden

Postby PsychicAlden on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Well, my first week of classes went well enough---but I am exhausted. :cry: Just finished grading those test papers from Friday and am appalled at the lack of effort from my students.

On a lighter note....am so looking forward to next weekend. My hubby and I will travel to visit my niece & her family a couple of hours away. It'll be nice to relax and get away for a couple of days.
The door opens inward...
PsychicAlden

Previous

Return to Joe Hill Message Board