Joe Hill Bibliography

Joe Hill Bibliography

Postby Paul_Campbell on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 am

No, I don't have one; just trying to see if I can persuade the good man himself to provide one! :wink:

The main website only goes back to 1999's "Better Than Home", although there are at least two more prior to this:

"The Lady Rests" (1997) Palace Corbie #7

and

"The Collaborators" (1998) Implosion #8

Together, of course, with the contents of 20th Century Ghosts, "Bobby Conroy Comes Back From The Dead" (2005) Postscripts #5 and "Thumbprints" (2007) Postscripts #10.

Back in a February post Joe mentioned a short piece which was forthcoming in Subterranean Press Online - did this ever appear, and if so does anyone have the title of it? Also, are there any other stories (1999-2005) which weren't collected in 20th Century Ghosts?

Any chance, Joe, you could tell us how many stories (roughly) you wrote in the 10 years prior to your first work of fiction, "The Lady Rests", being published?
Paul_Campbell

Postby joe_hill on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:06 am

"The Lady Rests" and "Collaborators" aren't mentioned on my website, mainly because they're lousy stories and I usually try to pretend they don't exist. The fact that they were published at all only tells you that the editors at those particular magazines were kind and merciful people who also desperately had to fill some space.

There's a silly short story about Jude and Georgia that will run sometime down the road in Subterranean Magazine, which used to be a print magazine, but which is now headed online. It's called "Judas Coyne Confronts Global Warming."
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby Paul_Campbell on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:53 am

Sounds cool! :D

As for credits previous to "Better Than Home" I think you're being too harsh as Gary Couzens had this to say in his review of 20th Century Ghosts:

The oldest one [in the collection] dates from 1999, though the first Hill story I read was published two years earlier than that: the impressive but harrowing "The Lady Rests" in Palace Corbie 7.
Paul_Campbell

Postby MadamMack on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:39 pm

joe_hill wrote:"The Lady Rests" and "Collaborators" aren't mentioned on my website, mainly because they're lousy stories and I usually try to pretend they don't exist. The fact that they were published at all only tells you that the editors at those particular magazines were kind and merciful people who also desperately had to fill some space.

There's a silly short story about Jude and Georgia that will run sometime down the road in Subterranean Magazine, which used to be a print magazine, but which is now headed online. It's called "Judas Coyne Confronts Global Warming."

I'll watch for that.
Yes, it's me!
MadamMack

Postby LauraK on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:16 pm

"The Lady Rests" (1997) Palace Corbie #7

and

"The Collaborators" (1998) Implosion #8

Ah, those are just the kind of obscure finds that we, as obsessive-fan-collector-stalkers want to get our hands on. :twisted:

LK ;-)

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Joe Hill Bibliography

Postby RogerS on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:57 pm

"The Lady Rests" was reprinted in The Best of Palace Corbie, which seems to be just as obscure and difficult to find as Palace Corbie 7.
Roger
RogerS

Return to Joe Hill Message Board