Joe Hill Interview

Joe Hill Interview

Postby Barry_Wood on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:08 am

I like the interview and I like the photograph of Joe in that amazing, bright room:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs ... /710070303

Cheers.
Barry_Wood

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:44 am

I'm curious to know your thoughts on a couple of things from that interview, Joe.

Do you actually consider Joe Hill to be a true pen name? It's not as if it's some fictional name that you adopted to stay anonymous. It is your name, just shortened a bit and with the surname omitted. Pretty cool, actually, and in the future you won't have to kill off an alter-ego author with cancer of the pseudonym, lol.
(Unless there's something we don't know about yet....) :shock:

Also, the interviewer calls H-SB a fantasy-thriller. Is that how you'd categorize it?

I was most happy to hear that you're close to finishing your next novel but bummed to have to wait more than a year for it. Buuuuut, there will be Locke and Key to look forward to in the meantime, and maybe more! :)

Good interview- thanks, Barry.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Dana_Jean on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanks Barry. I love to hear authors in their nonfiction voice talk about their work and things in general. It just enriches the experience when you read their fiction. For me anyway it does.
Dana_Jean

Postby nawa-ami on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Hey, I really love The Friendly Toast. There are a lot of great things about Portsmouth, but that restaurant is near the top of the list!
nawa-ami

Postby sybil on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:02 am

cool photo, but it really doesn't do him justice.
janis the joeker
sybil

Return to Joe Hill Message Board