Joe Hill wikipedia

Joe Hill wikipedia

Postby Paul_Campbell on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:21 am

Under the username Grit'n'soul I've actually, since briefly meeting Joe in 2006 at FantasyCon in Nottingham England, constructed most of Joe's wiki entry.

Just this morning I've made major changes, i.e. adding catogories for Awards, Novels, Stories, etc. in order to make it easier for folks to up date in the future.

So if anyone has any tidbits, such as bibligraphical information and especially the publication order of his 2004/2005 short fiction, which I've left out please add it in (after all, that's what wiki's for!)

This entry is for Joe Hill (writer) and should remain so, meaning only information regarding Joe's writing. Joe keeps his private life just that, and although it is highly unlikely anyone would have any private knowledge of Joe to place on the wiki site anyway I, for one, would be the first to delete it.

Joe is here for us as a writer; anything else concerns only his family and friends.
Paul_Campbell

Postby Barry_Wood on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:29 am

Great job, Paul.

:D

Barry
Barry_Wood

Re: Joe Hill wikipedia

Postby Janice on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:27 pm

Paul Campbell wrote:Under the username Grit'n'soul I've actually, since briefly meeting Joe in 2006 at FantasyCon in Nottingham England, constructed most of Joe's wiki entry.

Just this morning I've made major changes, i.e. adding catogories for Awards, Novels, Stories, etc. in order to make it easier for folks to up date in the future.

So if anyone has any tidbits, such as bibligraphical information and especially the publication order of his 2004/2005 short fiction, which I've left out please add it in (after all, that's what wiki's for!)

This entry is for Joe Hill (writer) and should remain so, meaning only information regarding Joe's writing. Joe keeps his private life just that, and although it is highly unlikely anyone would have any private knowledge of Joe to place on the wiki site anyway I, for one, would be the first to delete it.

Joe is here for us as a writer; anything else concerns only his family and friends.

I like you already. :D
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby Paul_Campbell on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi guys,

My thanks to Barry, Shane and Janice.

I've added an Anthology section wherein Joe's short fiction has been reprinted.

(I'm sure it's incomplete - please help!)

Plus I've appended a few miscellaneous items, i.e. his "Fanboyz" script for the comic Spider-Man Unlimited together with the upcoming chapbook reprint of "Pop Art", to feature illustrations by Gahan Wilson.
Paul_Campbell

Postby Janice on Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:22 pm

Wait a second, you're reproducing Joe's fiction in Wiki? Tell me I read that wrong...
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby Patrick on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi Paul, is this an expansion of the wiki entry that was already established (by another member of this board), or is this something completely new?
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Re: Joe Hill wikipedia

Postby Dolan on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Paul Campbell wrote:Under the username Grit'n'soul I've actually, since briefly meeting Joe in 2006 at FantasyCon in Nottingham England, constructed most of Joe's wiki entry.

Humm...Well...not to step on anyone's carpet - or toot my own horn...I like to think that I am the one who constructed most of Joe's Wikipedia page. If you look back to who originally started the article, it was me, NYKenny. Also - if you look at 20th Century Ghosts and Heart Shaped Box (novel), I started those too.

Sure, you said you constructed most of it - and I won't argue with you on that...but I do like to think I had a large part in creating them...as well as hundreds of others who have added to the page since then.

And not to show off anymore than I already have - this was signed to me fron Joe...

Anyway - keep up the good work, Paul...looks great![/img]
Dolan

Postby Dolan on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:29 pm

One more thing I actually JUST noticed...

A lot of the links are directed incorrectly. Like you linked Joe's story "Pop Art" to the art form...Pop art...

And his story "Thumbprints" which will be in Postscripts 10 is being directed to...well...an actual thumbprint.
Dolan

Postby Patrick on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 am

Dude! That's an awesome inscription!

Hey, I'm worthless on tech stuff, so thanks Kenny and Paul and anyone else who provides wikipedia input.

Patrick

Apologies...

Postby Paul_Campbell on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:47 am

Hi Dolan,

Apologies, man, but I certainly never meant to imply that I had started Joe's wiki entry, just that I've made a point to updating his story and award credits (something I attempt to do with another Joe, Joe R. Lansdale).

Hi Janice, no! There's no reproduction of Joe's fiction here, just a bibliography listing credits.

Dolan any chance you could help me with the publication order of his 2004/2005 short fiction? I'd like the wiki entry to be accurate in this regard.

Each story is highlighted in red because there hasn't been an article written on these stories yet (anyone up for it?!).

However, some of them do appear in blue simply because there happens to be an existing article in wiki about, say, Thumbprint, Cape, Pop Art etc.

As much as I love Joe's fiction I certainly have no intention of putting in the time to create articles for all or even any of his stories.

To this end you'll find that the sub-articles on Joe's first two books were no doubt written by the likes of Dolan and others.

When I said I'd contructed most of the article, I meant the bibliography of the main article - I'd completely forgotten about the sub-articles for the two books themselves, none of which beyond very minor edits I've contributed to.
Paul_Campbell

Re: Apologies...

Postby Dolan on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:03 am

Paul Campbell wrote:When I said I'd contructed most of the article, I meant the bibliography of the main article - I'd completely forgotten about the sub-articles for the two books themselves, none of which beyond very minor edits I've contributed to.

Oh no need for an apology at all. After looking at the current state of the article, there has been a massive change to it - looks great! The only thing I wonder is if it might be too much to list everything. But thats just the 2% of my brain speaking. Otherwise it looks great.

Yes, I will help you go through it. When I have time this week I will clean up anything that I think can change and you spent a good deal of time changing that and making it look great. Fantastic job!

And Patrick, thanks for the compliment on my book. Joe of course signed it, but this rrrreally cool friend of mine hooked me up with it! I'm very appreciative, of course.
Dolan

Postby sybil on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:07 am

ok dolan...now i'm really really curious about how you got "hooked up" with the book!

and that inscription is stupendous...must give you a shivers to read it!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:03 am

Shhhhharksssss! * snap*snap*

Jetsssssss! *snap* snap*

Shhhhharksss! *snap*snap*

Jetssss! *snap*snap*

and twirl.

Glad the rumble was averted Dolan and Paul.
Dana_Jean

Postby Dolan on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:10 am

HAHAHA! No rumble attt all! I just was getting protective over my Joe!
Dolan

Re: Apologies...

Postby Patrick on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Dolan wrote: ....
And Patrick, thanks for the compliment on my book. Joe of course signed it, but this rrrreally cool friend of mine hooked me up with it! I'm very appreciative, of course.

Well, he or she must be one hell of a friend what with eliciting that highly relevant quote from the book itself, followed by that expression of gratitude. I just hope they hung you out to dry on charging you for it afterward.

And Joe must really be a kind and patient man to write all that during yet another booksigning.

:D
Last edited by Patrick on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Patrick

Next

Return to Joe Hill Message Board