Joe's feelings on being OUTED?

Joe's feelings on being OUTED?

Postby cbig_1 on Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:19 am

After seeing that you occasionally post on your board I was curious about your opinion/feelings about being outed about who you are?

And on a secondary note... will you still use Joe Hill or switch to your real name?
cbig_1

Postby Janice on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:15 pm

Good call, poison.

Cbig_1 - Joe's actually answered that question a few times, I'm sure. And we have a pretty clued-in moderator who will probably be posting a FAQ thread around here sometime soon which should answer this and many other questions for you.

Joe's been really busy lately and hasn't been able to spend much time on the board, but I'm sure that either Shane or Dana Jean or someone knows where you can find a link that will satisfy your curiosity. :D

Welcome, btw.
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby Shane on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:25 pm

Janice wrote:Good call, poison.

Cbig_1 - Joe's actually answered that question a few times, I'm sure. And we have a pretty clued-in moderator who will probably be posting a FAQ thread around here sometime soon which should answer this and many other questions for you.

Joe's been really busy lately and hasn't been able to spend much time on the board, but I'm sure that either Shane or Dana Jean or someone knows where you can find a link that will satisfy your curiosity. :D

Welcome, btw.

It's true -- I have been monkeying around with a FAQ for Joe and the questions that continue to come up for a while now, and I think in a couple of days when I settle back in, I'll post it and do some of the spring cleaning I've been mentioning around here too! (nothing drastic -- I want to streamline some of the folders so they stay more on topic, clean up some cross-posts and cross chatter that's bled out into places it shouldn't, etc.)

However, until I do get that stuff straightened out... Janice is right, there have been a couple of places Joe's mentioned stuff like that before. Here is just one of the many for your quick perusal.

http://joehillfiction.informe.com/viewt ... ight=#2012
Shane
Site Admin

Postby KingoftheHill on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:30 pm

Joe's fiction was leading him to eventual mainstream popularity, so it was just a matter of time before the world knew who he was. Regardless of the name, he's a damn good writer! 8)
KingoftheHill

Postby sybil on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:32 am

ayuh....joe hill is his real name.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby cbig_1 on Tue May 01, 2007 3:51 pm

Excuse my improper use of symantics. By "real name" I meant his full or family name.
Doesn't matter to me either way, I owned HSB before he became all the rage on eBay...lol. As far as I'm concerned excellent writing means far more than who your dad happens to be.
cbig_1

Postby justme on Wed May 23, 2007 10:59 am

cbig_1 wrote: I owned HSB before he became all the rage on eBay...lol. As far as I'm concerned excellent writing means far more than who your dad happens to be.

I checked him out on ebay, too, I already owned HSB so it was just a curiousity thing, and was shocked by how much his books are being sold for! Holy cow!
I agree, he is an excellent writer.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. - From the Old Astronomer to his pupil - Sarah Williams
justme

Return to Joe Hill Message Board