Meet Tayro

Postby KingoftheHill on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 pm

MANY more vibes coming you way, Tayro! We're here for you.

Always.
KingoftheHill

Postby Tay on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:10 am

I thought I would update the news on my Dad.

The operation is out of the question, and there's no way he would survive it. He had an appointment with an oncologist last Thursday, and we're now waiting on word from the hospital as to when he'll be starting his first chemotherapy treatments.

His thoughts on that subject are that he'll try them, and if they make him feel worse and aren't doing him any good, he'll stop. If they aren't bothering him too much, and appear to be doing some good he'll continue with them.

He and my Step-mother finally got their house sold, and they take possession of the new place (3 blocks from me as opposed to 3.5 hours) on July 27th. Life should settle down some at that point, since I won't be driving back and forth every weekend.
Beware the March of Ideas ~ Neil Gaiman

The Mile
Tay

Postby Tay on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:42 am

WTH am I doing in the archive? LOL!

The Mile
Tay

Postby KingoftheHill on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:31 am

I hope the treatments aren't too bad and he can keep going with them. It's good that they'll be living so close now.

We'll send some prayers your way.

* I don't know what prompts it, but a lot of threads wound up in the archives. I feel old enough without being considered archive!*

:wink:

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby Shane on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:50 am

Tay wrote:WTH am I doing in the archive? LOL!

KingoftheHill wrote:* I don't know what prompts it, but a lot of threads wound up in the archives. I feel old enough without being considered archive!* :wink:

There is no ageism intended in these decisions! :)

Whenever a post is inactive for a period of time, I will move that thread here to the archives. It's done for a number of reasons, many of which I'm sure are clear - some might be to facilitate new discussions after topics are no longer being posted to, tidying up the forum & folders, encouraging new discussions, etc.

In this particular case, Tay, there was no disrespect meant to your family or situation (nor, any attempt to make King feel any older!). When cleaning up a bit around here, I noticed that the last time this topic received a post was nearly 2 months ago. I left it up longer than I normally would have because of the subject matter, but I felt it was time to move it here due to inactivity.

More often than not, a thread is "busy" for its first week, and then peters off. By a month's passing, it's run its course, and if it's no longer being discussed, I'm likely to slide it in here (where, it's clear from our posts today, it can still be discussed and posted about).

I hope that helps. =)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Tay on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:06 am

No worries, Shane. It just threw me when I first had to search my own posts to find it, and then, when I posted to it, to see it show up in the Archives...it's still a very current issue for me. I understand your reasoning though, and appreciate you leaving it as long as you did.

:)

The Mile
Tay

Postby Dana_Jean on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:06 pm

Tay, I so understand everything you're going through with your dad. It is exhausting and can cause anxiety like no other thing I've ever experienced. Although this was in the archives, I still continued to think about you and your dad because we are both up to our necks right now in cancer, and I know what you're going through. Please remember, everyone responds differently to treatments and you just never know when things will kick in and start to work. Mind and body are so connected, keep positive. It's hard sometimes, but it's a must.

Be well --both of you--and please make sure to take care of yourself and do fun things for yourself too. And don't feel guilty about it.
Dana_Jean

Postby foxslady on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:16 am

Tay, as you know my thoughts are with you, I'm so glad he'll be moving closer, it will be so much easier for all of you. I wish my family was closer, hubby and youngest son are here with me, but rest of family is in NH, we talk on phone alot, but I sure wish I could see them, I think if I'd had an inkling of what was going to happen I probably would have stayed in the frozen north, but as I can't see into the future, I'm here in sunny Florida.
(((((Tay and family))))

Barb
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby Tay on Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:26 pm

Just a quick update.

Dad is on heavy morphine and sleeping most of the time now. When he does manage to get up and do anything, he wears out incredibly quickly and then ends up having pain worse than usual.

He's muddled and confused and weak.

I hate this.

I love him.

The Mile
Tay

Postby LauraK on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:54 am

{{{{{{{{Dad}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{Tay}}}}}}}}}

So sorry. Went through this w/ Grampa and all I can say is thank goodness for drugs strong enough to dull the pain. If only it didn't also affect their minds. Damn fuckin cancer. :(

Glad you're able to spend lots of time with him...

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:08 am

Tay, I'm so very sorry for this. There's lots of pain involved in this stuff and not just with the cancer. I really do send you love and strength to face your days.

Hugs and peace to you all.

DJ
Dana_Jean

Postby And_Goes on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:05 am

Lotsa love Tay, take care of yourself too darlin'. I'm so sorry this is happening.
I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don't know I'm only using blanks...Emo Phillips
And_Goes

Postby val04463 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:33 pm

I have been thru this with my Mom, Gram, and father-In-Law...the best strength and comfort you can get is from acknowledging they are dying and if they want to talk about it..Do!!!

I remember my Mom wishing she had the strength to write letters to old, old friends who she hadn't talked to or written to in months or years...We sat and I wrote, she talked and it was amazing. It is a true gift to a dying person to say...Is that anything you wish you could do that I can do for you?

Draw the line at jumping out of a plane.....that's just fucking crazy....

But seriously, they want to "dump" feelings and this is a great way.
val04463

Postby sybil on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:51 pm

oh tay, i'm so sorry to read this. my heart goes out to you, babe. always here.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby IT on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:37 pm

i have no words tay. my heart breaks for and sympathizes with you. i'm sorry hon. :(
The BubbleSlinger
IT

PreviousNext

Return to Joe Hill Message Board