Updates

Postby Janice on Thu May 10, 2007 10:06 pm

Since you picked up the beer cans last time, I guess I'll take over cleaning up on this one, Shane.

*sigh*

Crisis narrowly averted, huh? Too bad. For once, I had a ringside seat instead of a pair of boxing gloves. Oh, well. There's always next time... :twisted:
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby KingoftheHill on Thu May 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Janice wrote: For once, I had a ringside seat instead of a pair of boxing gloves. Oh, well. There's always next time...

I like you!!! 8) 8) 8)
KingoftheHill

Postby mayfayre on Fri May 11, 2007 12:50 am

o.k., i prolly went to far to call him an ass, but sybs was more than nice about asking mike to preface info disclosed with a spoiler warning and he not only didn't apologize, but he completely dismissed her. he then went on in a way, that i will politely call cavalier, and dropped the ending of a film that i was to see TONIGHT-so yeah, i was a little bent. there are certain accepted courtesies that one should come to expect-spoiler warnings being one of them. so mike, i apologize for describing your behavior as an orifice, but dude, maybe you need to self-exam and wonder if said behavior could be equated to self-defaecation.
mayfayre

Postby mayfayre on Fri May 11, 2007 12:52 am

ok, rant over-i've brought a bottle of scotch, move over janice i could use some popcorn. 8)
mayfayre

Postby Leanora on Fri May 11, 2007 8:26 am

Shane,

Would you please shove that coffee sipping Pirate smiley up your not so tender ass.

Thanks so much.

Leanora
Leanora

Postby Dana_Jean on Fri May 11, 2007 8:48 am

Uhm...back to Joe's grandma. I wanted to make a clarification on my post. I hope you weren't offended when I called her a "broad." To me, a broad is a very cool thing. By my definition anyway.

Broads live life balls-to-the-wall and take no prisoners.

Bette Davis, Barbara Stanwyck, Kate Hepburn--examples of very cool broads.

So, I just wanted to make sure my comment didn't hurt any feelings.

I wish I was a broad.
Last edited by Dana_Jean on Fri May 11, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana_Jean

Postby sybil on Fri May 11, 2007 9:08 am

shane, i see your point, but when someone does something ASSinine, then that person IS being an ASS. hole or no hole. :wink: this is not the first time that mike has crossed lines, and then he goes running to you screaming HELP MEEEEEE ! ! because may has the balls to say something after having her movie ruined for her. i took her "mother" comment kind of as, "you've forgotten the face of your mother" type of thing. i don't see where there's anything wrong with that statement.

oh janice - lucky you...bill likes you. :?

oooh, an edit button! i love you, shane! i wanted to edit to say that having said what i did, i DO understand that you have to nip name-calling in the bud, and wasn't questioning what you said to may.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Shane on Fri May 11, 2007 9:27 am

Leanora wrote:Shane,

Would you please shove that coffee sipping Pirate smiley up your not so tender ass.

Thanks so much.

Leanora

I'm so glad things are back to normal again...

Shane
Site Admin

Postby Shane on Fri May 11, 2007 9:28 am

sybil wrote:shane, i see your point, but when someone does something ASSinine, then that person IS being an ASS. hole or no hole. :wink: this is not the first time that mike has crossed lines, and then he goes running to you screaming HELP MEEEEEE ! ! because may has the balls to say something after having her movie ruined for her. i took her "mother" comment kind of as, "you've forgotten the face of your mother" type of thing. i don't see where there's anything wrong with that statement.

oh janice - lucky you...bill likes you. :?

Though it's pretty simple to decipher in person, a person's tone typically gets lost on the Internet, since the medium doesn't always allow being able to see or hear the other party. As I mentioned in the very beginning - it's a line that's usually easy to see when someone calls you 'a piece of shit' in good humor and jest, as opposed to when someone's actually put out with you. I have no trouble with the name-calling when it's jovial, but would rather see people talk it out civilly if they disagree.

I understand what you're saying, Sybil... really. I don't think her mother bit was out of line (I actually thought it was damn funny and effective) but the situation seemed to need a reminder of sorts, and not really any punishments. I don't know for sure that Mike was aware of the 'Net-etiquette regarding spoilers or not (though I have to think he did, and was just feeling Puck'ish), but he knows now.

I'm all for May, or anyone else, standing up for themselves. I saw more humor in the responses than anything, but thought it best to just remind people of a couple of things (spoilers, attacks, not shaming mothers, etc.) before it spiraled.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby mayfayre on Fri May 11, 2007 9:37 am

exactly sybs-i was thinking of dt when i made the "mother"comment. my problem wasn't so much that he made such blatant spoilers, it was the energy behind the comments that i take exception to. when he was politely asked to be considerate of others he didnt' say, "oops, my bad", he thumbed his nose at her and behaved in a manner that i see from small children in my classroom everyday. my education lies in psychology and my focus tends to rather identify behavior, not the core person. by saying that i felt that mike was being an ass, i was describing the exhibited behavior, not the constant. who mike is on a daily basis i have no oppinion because i have no time spent with him on which to draw conclusions. whether he has a history of sphincter-hood, i shall defer to others. :wink:
mayfayre

Postby Dana_Jean on Fri May 11, 2007 9:44 am

Uhm...back to Joe's grandma. I just wanted to clarify that I didn't think your grandma had actual testicles when I said she was a broad and broads live their lives "balls-to-the-wall."

Boy. I hope grandma had a sense of humor.
Dana_Jean

Postby sybil on Fri May 11, 2007 9:55 am

i totally understand, shane. i appreciate the elucidation. omg - i didn't know i knew that word! yeah, i thought may's humore was pretty evident, too!

DJ, you got both feet in your mouth, now, huh?

"history of sphincter-hood" - damn may...that's a good one.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Leanora on Fri May 11, 2007 10:31 am

Shane wrote:
Leanora wrote:Shane,

Thanks so much.

Leanora

I'm so glad things are back to normal again...

And now you ARE in trouble fo' real. Aren't you supposed to be on your way, NOT online? TROUBLE. Trouble right here in River City. I will not make Elmore wait!
Leanora

Postby mayfayre on Fri May 11, 2007 10:45 am

i take umbrage with the idea of your inferring that joe's gran had anything as unruly as testicles, dj! on that note, are you knocking hermaphrodites? shame on you! all women have their little secrets-if some of them invole tucking their package, who are we to knock it? then again you'd like to be a broad-a real balls to the wall kinda gal. maybe you're suffering from penis envy. :shock: ...sinner...
mayfayre

Postby Mike_Lowrie on Fri May 11, 2007 10:47 am

No matter what anyone says I rock & rule this message board. One comment and 40 rants later and I am :lol: . Thanks Shane you really are a cool cat. Peeps remember it's all in good fun. You would think by now you would know I don't like to be told what to do. I get off on it. Pissing people off who take life and this funny little message board that I love way too seriously is my pleasure. And for anyone out there like sybil, mayfarve I really am a good guy who's momma loves him and would have you rollin if we ever met. Sorry if I rocked your world.

Love Mike Lowrie
No Comment!
Mike_Lowrie

PreviousNext

Return to Joe Hill Message Board