What a lovely Man

What a lovely Man

Postby Anne on Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:11 pm

I went to the booksigning in London and Joe was so nice, he took time to chat to everyone and was really down to earth :D .He wrote a lovely message on my book :D . It was the first book signing I have ever been to and I was a bit tongue-tied, I was going to ask whether I could have my picture taken with him, however I had already taken a couple in the queue and I didn't like to seem too intrusive.I will post the ones I took on here when I upload them :D .
XX
Anne

PS glad you like the avatar IT
“tension, apprehension and dissension have begun”...said the Tensor……The Demolished Man…. Alfred Bestor

Anne

Postby sybil on Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:37 pm

oh anne...we all had our pix taken with him and he was so sweet about it...in fact, HE invited ME to have one taken together. they really do expect it...next signing, go ahead and do it!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby IT on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:40 pm

Anne~You're so lucky to have met him!! It would be great, but surprising, if I was ever lucky enough. I even missed meeting his dad cuz I didn't realize my hubby woulda taken me. :cry:

Not too surprising I like that avatar, is it? :D :lol:
The BubbleSlinger
IT

Postby Anne on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:04 pm

Aww IT I hope you meet him, I reckon he will be in for as long a career as his dad so hopefully he will be at a signing near to you :D.
IT is one of my all time favourite books :D

I am kicking myself now Sybil for not asking :D , I just got so shy (which is not me usually at all). This also happened when I met Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters) before their show in London, I was so shy I just stood there totally frozen camera dangling uselessly :oops: :cry: (luckily some friends took pictures :D )
x
Anne

heres some pictures I took in the queue :D

“tension, apprehension and dissension have begun”...said the Tensor……The Demolished Man…. Alfred Bestor

Anne

Postby Patrick on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:47 pm

Great pics! You should start a thread in the Appearances forum, Anne, otherwise people may miss them.
Last edited by Patrick on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Postby IT on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:03 pm

I hope so too Anne. Those are GREAT pics!!!! You should do what Patrick suggested too, and put the pics there.
The BubbleSlinger
IT

Postby Anne on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:20 pm

x
Anne

Anne

Postby IT on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:29 pm

Hey Anne~I see you're from England. Are you in London? I was in England for 4 weeks last summer ans loved it. We stayed on the Isle of Sheppey and I want to go back soooo bad!! I would LOVE to buy a place there and go for the summer. Have you heard of it? I was in London 20 years ago, so we didn't bother goping again this time. We wanted to see new places, which we did. It's such a wonderful country!! I met so many wonderful people. Man...now I'm homesick for the Isle. :cry:
The BubbleSlinger
IT

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:01 pm

Alright dammit. Did ANYBODY take the Jack the Ripper tour?

Loved the pictures, thanks for those.
Dana_Jean

Postby joe_hill on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:45 am

Maybe Shane can move the thread to the appearances forum. Shane?
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby Anne on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:47 am

IT wrote:Hey Anne~I see you're from England. Are you in London? I was in England for 4 weeks last summer ans loved it. We stayed on the Isle of Sheppey and I want to go back soooo bad!! I would LOVE to buy a place there and go for the summer. Have you heard of it? I was in London 20 years ago, so we didn't bother goping again this time. We wanted to see new places, which we did. It's such a wonderful country!! I met so many wonderful people. Man...now I'm homesick for the Isle. :cry:

Hi glad you liked it here :lol:, I am just on the outskirts of London in Kent, approx 12 miles or half an hour on train or in car, I have been to the Isle of Sheppey as they have a bird sanctuary there :D. Must admit I love London , me and the OH tend to go there at weekends to do a good bit of retail therapy :D. I wonder whats going to happen to some of the pubs and clubs up town as on the 1st of July the smoking ban comes in everywhere :D
whereabouts in the US are you?:D . I noticed some people on here are actually from Maine - is it in anyway similar to the way that SK portrays it (obviously minus manic clowns :lol: )
x
Anne :D

Anne

Postby Shane on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:49 am

joe_hill wrote:Maybe Shane can move the thread to the appearances forum. Shane?

Yeah... I am blueprinting a ton of movement here, and with some threads that have cross-posted, I'll actually probably wipe the incorrectly placed ones out.

It's been busy around here lately, and that's not a bad thing at all... just a reminder for me to streamline things a bit better!
Shane
Site Admin

Postby IT on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:10 am

Anne~I was born and raised in a small city in Michigan (the state that looks like a mitten) but I now live in Canada. I'm in Ontario, but actually only a 10 minute drive from the US.
There was a whole group of us who met up in Maine, and I loved it there!!! It's very much like SK portrays it minus the evil clown. It was way cool to see The Standpipe and The Barrens and the Canal and all the rest of those famous places. I hope I have an opportunity to go back someday.

I visited Gillingham last summer. Are you anywhere near therer?
The BubbleSlinger
IT

Postby Anne on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:24 pm

IT wrote:Anne~I was born and raised in a small city in Michigan (the state that looks like a mitten) but I now live in Canada. I'm in Ontario, but actually only a 10 minute drive from the US.
There was a whole group of us who met up in Maine, and I loved it there!!! It's very much like SK portrays it minus the evil clown. It was way cool to see The Standpipe and The Barrens and the Canal and all the rest of those famous places. I hope I have an opportunity to go back someday.

I visited Gillingham last summer. Are you anywhere near therer?

LOL just lost meself...didn't realise thread had moved :oops:, sorry I started it in the wrong forum :oops:
Yeah Gillingham is not far from me at all...dont tend to go there though, did you go to Bluewater?
I didn't realise that all those places in Maine actually existed :shock: I thought they were just made up :D
X
Anne

Anne

Postby Shane on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Anne wrote:LOL just lost meself...didn't realise thread had moved :oops:, sorry I started it in the wrong forum :oops:

Anne, don't worry about it at all, really. It's an easy fix! :)
Shane
Site Admin

Next

Return to Joe Hill Message Board