Here's a Question for Shane (or whoever knows the answer)

All about the site.

Here's a Question for Shane (or whoever knows the answer)

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:18 pm

Is there anyway that we can do a little more with our profile? I'd like to add an avatar now that I've figured out how to post photos. And I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about all the folks here on the board...that is if they don't mind sharing?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Re: Here's a Question for Shane (or whoever knows the answer

Postby Shane on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:13 am

Betsy Boo wrote:Is there anyway that we can do a little more with our profile? I'd like to add an avatar now that I've figured out how to post photos. And I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about all the folks here on the board...that is if they don't mind sharing?

Betsy,

I've considered allowing avatars a couple of times, and perhaps I'll indeed come 'round that way once again, but for now - they're not available. However, you're able to include a signature to your posts as well as a picture (reasonably sized, please) like some of the posters here have in their submissions (Dana Jean, Janice, Posionlily, etc.). On your profile page, you can include more information such as personal links, interests, etc.

There are a couple of threads already here on the board that will give you more insight to the people here:

"10 Things About Us"
http://joehillfiction.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=213

and

"Here's Looking At You"
http://joehillfiction.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=256

I hope this helps you out a bit more!
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Thanks Shane...I've seen the "10 things..." thread. I guess I just thought it would be easier when new folks show up to click on their profile and see what they have to say about themselves. You newbies out there...make sure you visit the sites Shane is talking about so we can get to know you, ok? I'll try to figure out how to add a pic to my sig.
And Shane...I'm still waiting to read something from you. Hope you're still working!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Betsy Boo wrote:Thanks Shane...I've seen the "10 things..." thread. I guess I just thought it would be easier when new folks show up to click on their profile and see what they have to say about themselves.

You're right, it might make things easier if it were set up that way. However, the service we use for the board doesn't easily allow for the customizations of things like that -- it's kind of a pre-made mold. So, the threads have to fill in the rest for now. :)

I'll try to figure out how to add a pic to my sig.

If you enter your profile information page, and in the signature field, enter the picture address that you'd like to show between the IMG code below, it should work for your posts. Just make sure the picture you're using is one that's hosted from someplace like Photobucket, Flickr, or someplace like that.

[img]put%20your%20web%20address%20in%20here[/img]
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:12 pm

Thanks...I'll give a shot!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:21 pm

It worked!!!

Betsy_Boo

Return to joehillfiction.com