I had to detour to get to joehillfiction.com

All about the site.

Postby Nerak on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 am

Going through Blog withdrawal!!!!
Nerak

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:05 pm

OHHHH, my back....bring me my Orange Juice...damn it, just bring the whole carton.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Hey d...I don't have any orange juice. How about a beer? Or at least sleep with the maid again. I still can't get to the blog. :(
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:27 pm

That will work, i just need to replenish my fluids...
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:18 am

:lol: Well, d...let me know. As for now, I have to go to work...ugh. The up-side is my last day is Friday! :D

Betsy_Boo

Postby Jane on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:37 am

ack, still getting the internet explorer messsage over at Joe Hill Fiction, oh this is looking bad! :(
"Every day takes figurin' out all over again, how to fuckin live" - Calamity Jane, Deadwood
Jane

Postby joe_hill on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:03 am

It's on the way back.

Apparently every server contains a few hundred little gnomes, that keep the internet running with a series of quarter-inch furnaces; and in the server that supports joehillfiction they just up and decided they weren't going to shovel any more fucking coal. The escaped, and for a time were holding off the tech support guys by shooting gravel pellets at them with little slingshots, pouring ball bearings on the floor to make them slip and fall down - predictable Home Alone/Ewok tactics.

But after their leader was squashed under a Size-10 Timberland, the fight went out of them. Most have been rounded up and are now unhappily, but quietly, beginning to shovel again. Examples have been made out of the most recalcitrant; I'm eating one spread on an English Muffin right now. The texture is a bit disagreeable, but the taste is a bit like gooseberry.

Look for the site to go live again tomorrow morning, and I'll have something fun to put up on Monday.
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby Barry_Wood on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks to Gabriel I found the message board without going to JoeHillFiction.com ... good to be back, gang.
Barry_Wood

Postby Jason_Davidson on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:33 am

Good people of JHMB: Hear me and hear me well!

The gnome rebellion was but a herald of the darkness ahead, a portent of the evil which will strike this very message board any day now...

Know that there will be other signs--ominous omens, foreboding foreshadowings, pretentious presentiments--and prepare ye souls, fellow travelers, for the time of judgment is upon us!

I have peered into the mists of time (which oddly enough assume the appearance of a website ticker) and have seen the coming of the Antichrist!

*cue jagged violins*

I am, of course, referring to the impending arrival of the 666th registered user. :twisted:
Jason_Davidson

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Jason Davidson wrote:Good people of JHMB: Hear me and hear me well!

The gnome rebellion was but a herald of the darkness ahead, a portent of the evil which will strike this very message board any day now...

Know that there will be other signs--ominous omens, foreboding foreshadowings, pretentious presentiments--and prepare ye souls, fellow travelers, for the time of judgment is upon us!

I have peered into the mists of time (which oddly enough assume the appearance of a website ticker) and have seen the coming of the Antichrist!

*cue jagged violins*

I am, of course, referring to the impending arrival of the 666th registered user. :twisted:

LOL!! I wondered when someone was going to bring that up! Oh who will it be????????? Glad it's not me! A Goocher, a goocher!!

I think those gnomes should be sold into slavery to the Keebler Co.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:55 pm

BTW, should the 666th registered member get a prize? And what should it be?

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:57 pm

I wish I could be member 666.
grasking

Postby Jason_Davidson on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:32 pm

I'm sure nobody will believe this, but right after I posted that, the "number of posts" ticker said "Our users have posted a total of 17666 articles"... :shock:
Jason_Davidson

Postby Nerak on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:43 pm

joe_hill wrote:It's on the way back.

Apparently every server contains a few hundred little gnomes, that keep the internet running with a series of quarter-inch furnaces; and in the server that supports joehillfiction they just up and decided they weren't going to shovel any more fucking coal. The escaped, and for a time were holding off the tech support guys by shooting gravel pellets at them with little slingshots, pouring ball bearings on the floor to make them slip and fall down - predictable Home Alone/Ewok tactics.

But after their leader was squashed under a Size-10 Timberland, the fight went out of them. Most have been rounded up and are now unhappily, but quietly, beginning to shovel again. Examples have been made out of the most recalcitrant; I'm eating one spread on an English Muffin right now. The texture is a bit disagreeable, but the taste is a bit like gooseberry.

Look for the site to go live again tomorrow morning, and I'll have something fun to put up on Monday.

LOL I needed that!

And I know for a fact that it wasn't you, Joe, that killed the leader! I have seen your feet! No size 10 there!!!

Would the tech guys like some tiny whips to keep the pesky gnomes in line???

Even the ants are helping
Nerak

Postby This_Girl on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:23 pm

Oooooh, So THAT'S what happened. LOL.

BTW, Love the first "return" blog. 8)
This_Girl

PreviousNext

Return to joehillfiction.com