The Forum Page

All about the site.

The Forum Page

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:42 am

Has anybody noticed that if you click on certain words in the forum descriptions (such as "introduce" in the welcome forum or "feet" in the L&K forum) it takes you to a software website? Weird... :?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Re: The Forum Page

Postby Shane on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 pm

I guess I don't know what you mean, Betsy. How about a link for me to see, please?
Shane
Site Admin

Postby prncsspwr on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 am

I had noticed that too
prncsspwr

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:16 am

Shane wrote:I guess I don't know what you mean, Betsy. How about a link for me to see, please?

Not really sure how to do that, but if you click on "Forum" and then look at the descriptions of the forums you'll see that certain words are a slightly different color. If you click the words it takes you to a software website. As I said, "feet" will do it in the L&K description. I don't think it's anything worrisome, like a virus or something...of course I don't know for sure, not being very computer saavy. I just thought it was curious.

This actually tells you that I really probably spend too much time hanging around here! I start to explore when I'm bored. :mrgreen:

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:19 am

You know, Shane...I just went back to the forum page and tried to click on those words again and they don't do it anymore! I don't know what happened! If it weren't for prn noticing it too, I'd think I'd lost my mind! Sorry... :(

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 am

OK...I think I've got it. If you go to the Forum Page BEFORE you log in you'll see those words in black and you can click on them. Whew! I really thought for a minute I was losing it!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:11 pm

I would have believed you anyway. Informe tries out several things with their servers and programs, so it's not at all surprising. Remember when they had advertising at the top of some of the new pages for a while? I still see things pop up here and there, since I'm an Admin, but I'd not seen that one, yet.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:31 am

Thanks Shane! I figured it was something like that. I just thought it was weird because finding them was pretty hit or miss. Not many people would notice that a couple of words on the page were clickable. Either I'm very observant or I spend too much time on the computer!

Betsy_Boo

Return to joehillfiction.com