The New Appearance

All about the site.

Re: The New Appearance

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:08 am

Well...as I said before, it takes some getting used to but I think we'll all get there. I'm still curious about the picture at the top...
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Dana_Jean on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:30 am

I'm here, and this just sucks. I'm trying to keep an open mind and it's always good to change things up, but I'm feeling about the same as I do when I park my car out in the parking lot of some fine shopping establishment and I step out the door only to realize I can't remember exactly where I left it. First, I always believe that someone has stolen it. Then slowly, it dawns on me that yes, I parked my car somewhere new today and now I will pay for stepping out of the box. So, I play the car equivalent of Marco Polo. I sit and press my little remote so my horn will honk at me and guide me in. Marco. Polo. Beep. Beep.

I had trouble switching from the older board to the one we were playing on. So, in time, I'll figure this one out as well. IN the meantime, where'd I park my friggin' car?
Dana_Jean

Postby val04463 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:10 am

Is your car blue? If so, it will be lost in the beautiful new background of this messageboard!!!
val04463

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:43 am

Very grateful things are starting to look familiar. And it's so good you found your way here DJ...I was getting worried. I'm sure you'll "find your car" soon! :)

Betsy_Boo

Postby val04463 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 pm

Dana Jean...macaroni man is back!! I love him, but I also loved your new squeakers..
val04463

Postby Florida on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:33 am

Jason_Davidson wrote:I figured it out Betsy...the so-called "Mister Green" is actually Mister Yuck on acid!!

cue *demented woodwind flourish*

Think about it: Have you ever seen Mister Yuck and Mister Green in the same place and the same time? And who better to inadvertantly dose himself than the man who indiscriminately ingests any substance that crosses his path?

"demented woodwind flourish" sounds like a great name for a Jethro Tull cover band! Or it could be James Gallway's side project he's doing with Devo.
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 am

Hey Shane...I have a question. I no longer get email notices when someone posts. Is that something that is no longer available on the new board? I checked my User Control Panel and I couldn't see a place where I could request it.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:04 am

Pssssst! Google_Bot is here. Spread the word...

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 am

He must have heard me...he's gone.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Hey Shane...I have a question. I no longer get email notices when someone posts. Is that something that is no longer available on the new board? I checked my User Control Panel and I couldn't see a place where I could request it.

When I replied to this topic, under the three boxes for "Save," "Preview," [cough cough - :wink:] and "Submit" there are some lightly blue boxes for checking down against the left margin. The next-to-last one is "notify me when a reply is posted" -- is that what you mean? Or, you've already checked that, and it's not working?
Shane
Site Admin

Postby sybil on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 pm

i don't see anything like that, shane.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby LauraK on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm

It's there.....but you have to click on the 'Reply' box rather than just typing right into the 'quick reply' box to see it.

Right now, it's directly under where I'm now typing, in a blue options box.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Shane on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 pm

sybil wrote:i don't see anything like that, shane.

Here is an example of what I mean; the box I'm referring to is the one below the box that's already checked.

You should see that on your screen. Let me know if you do not.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Florida on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Ok, so you have to click on the 'submit reply' box to the left of the 'quick reply' box.
I see now!
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby Shane on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:42 pm

Florida wrote:Ok, so you have to click on the 'submit reply' box to the left of the 'quick reply' box.
I see now!

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. It should be available to any type of reply, nothing formal needed. And, you can click the 'Post Reply' at the bottom, or do what I usually do when replying to someone's post -- hit the "Quote" button for the reply. No matter, as it should be available for options under any reply format you choose to pick.
Shane
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to joehillfiction.com