The New Appearance

All about the site.

Re: The New Appearance

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:28 am

"Icons with orange dots in the corner were supposed to symbolize a topic that you would have created yourself, but there is something wrong with this in the system, as it's not always following that notion."

You know Shane...I've noticed that the dot appears after I have posted on a particular thread. You think that might be what it means?

Hi DJ! :mrgreen:
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:28 am

Hey Betsy girl. Hope all is well there where you are.
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:31 am

Dana_Jean wrote:Hey Betsy girl. Hope all is well there where you are.

Things are ok...going a little nutso trying to keep busy. Hope you are ok, too!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:49 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:You know Shane...I've noticed that the dot appears after I have posted on a particular thread. You think that might be what it means?

It could be doing that, too. It's the only icon that seems to be doing more/less than it should right now. Technically, I understand it's supposed to show a thread that you've created yourself. *shrugs*
Shane
Site Admin

Postby val04463 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:09 pm

What shall I say when my lord comes a'calling?What shall I say when he knocks on my door?What shall I say when his feet enter softly,leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Hey Dana jean...what is your new sig all about? I'm not picking up what your throwing down....

I just click "New Posts and look at the times and dates and read from when I was here last...
val04463

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Wow val, I'm impressed. It takes me a while to notice someone has changed their signature line. This is a quote from the movie The Innocents based on the book by Henry James, The Turn of the Screw. This movie is one of my very early childhood spooky movie memories (along with Premature Burial--and I'm currently reading Hazel Court's autobiography. Very interesting). I hadn't seen it in years and it came on the other day. I was thrilled to see it again, to see if it was as creepy as I remembered it being. And, I guess because of my nostalgic frame of mind, it was. In it, the child, Miles and his sister put on a play. He recites this line. It is delivered so well, just chilling and cold for a child actor and I liked the sound of it. I just liked the sound of it as he eerily strolled through the room, in the dark, lit only by candles. So, my signature is in honor of that very early memory. I'm not sure, but I think it originally comes from a Shakespeare play but not sure which one.

I hope you are all well.
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:07 pm

"The Turn of the Screw" was one of my first scary movies too. I watch it whenever I get the chance. We read the novel in college and I hadn't really thought about the psychological implications of it til then. After that I watched it in an entirely different light. What was the ultimate truth of the movie? Were the ghosts really there possessing the children or was the governess insane? The question always haunted me...sorry, no pun intended.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:37 pm

Am I paranoid or is Yahoo_Bot following me? He seems to show up everytime I log on.

Betsy_Boo

Previous

Return to joehillfiction.com