The Words & Pictures book club

All about the site.

Re: The Words & Pictures book club

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:04 am

Thanks TG...I'm almost finished with AMERICAN WIDOW and I have to say that I will probably have to read it again before we discuss it. I'm finding that graphic novels are an entirely different experience from reading a regular novel. You would think with words AND pictures it would make it easier, but with AW what is coming across is far more subtle. It's almost like I'm having to learn to read all over again because it's so different. I really can't wait to see what Joe has to say about both of these books.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Stephanie on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:42 am

Dana Jean - great suggestions.

I previously suggested Baltimore, or The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire but I could not come up with a decent pairing. I have another, completely different suggestion this time:

The Five Fists Of Science by Matt Fraction and artist Steven Sanders paired with The Prestige by Christopher Priest.
Stephanie

Postby Dana_Jean on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Stephanie, I don't know your suggestions as I'm pretty new to this graphic novel thing--okay, American Widow was my first--but, those sound just as good an my choices, so I would be thrilled to read those too.
Dana_Jean

Previous

Return to joehillfiction.com