TROUBLE RIGHT HERE IN RIVER CITY

All about the site.

TROUBLE RIGHT HERE IN RIVER CITY

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with the site? It's super slow and half the time it gives me this error message thingy so I have to come here through a back door connection.

I just can't wait 45 seconds to switch pages as I have adult onset ADHD. I'm going to paint my bedroom.
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Mine's a little slower than usual, but I thought it was my computer. It has been acting up lately.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Jane on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:05 pm

that happened to me twice yesterday..my self esteem is so low I just automatically assumed they'd locked the door on me

but you Dana Jean?? talk about the cosmos being out of whack! that's just wrong!

I couldn't log onto the Mile either..nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll eat some worms :(
Jane

Postby jodi on Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Me too. Its really slow today. Like there's to many ppl or something. Lag is evil.
I heart
jodi

Postby Nerak on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:10 am

Now I have that dayum song stuck in my head, thanks DJ!!!! :roll:
Nerak

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:21 am

"With a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for POOL!!
(That stands for Pool!)" :twisted:

Betsy_Boo

Postby Nerak on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:40 pm

LOL :lol: :lol:
Nerak

Postby sybil on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:47 am

i had trouble getting here...took me several tries, but now that i'm here, the speed is fine for me.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Dana_Jean on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Super slow for me. In fact, my chin hair has grown twice now.
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 pm

Today I'm having trouble getting to the blog. I keep getting that error thingy. Anyone else?

Also, every now and then when I get a notification about a post on my e-mail in the "To:" part it will have someone else's name & email address. I don't see how that is possible and it's kinda freaky. Has this happened to anyone else? Is that evil hacker back? Am I going insane?

Betsy_Boo

Postby sybil on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:33 pm

weird, booboo...maybe shane will get here soon to shed some light.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Shane on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:50 pm

sybil wrote:weird, booboo...maybe shane will get here soon to shed some light.

Well, for whatever it's worth -- the internet has been kind of touch and go up here in my area lately, and not just with Joe's pages. I've had really excellent speeds at times, and then many occasions where the server on the other end dropped my mouse-clicked request because the signal had just flatlined on me. I don't know if it's my provider, or if there's just some general overload on the 'net these days... but, hopefully it gets cleared up soon.

I *did* have some trouble with the message board the other day, but it cleared up quicker than I could inquire about it, so the Higher-Ups must have gotten wind of it.

Betsy Boo wrote:Today I'm having trouble getting to the blog. I keep getting that error thingy. Anyone else?

Also, every now and then when I get a notification about a post on my e-mail in the "To:" part it will have someone else's name & email address. I don't see how that is possible and it's kinda freaky. Has this happened to anyone else? Is that evil hacker back? Am I going insane?

Betsy -- I don't know for sure that I've seen that happen with my own emails, and without having seen it myself I can't be sure about it 100% for you. The other names that you're seeing -- are they names from this board? Initially, I believed it might be some kind of spam, but it kinda sounds like a server glitch on Informe's part, too. I'll keep my eyes open for it, though.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:33 pm

"Higher ups"?? I didn't think anyone was higher than you, Shane! You're the WebMaster! :D

Anyway, the names I'm seeing are folks from the board. It doesn't happen alot...just a couple of times a week that I've noticed. The only reason I bring it up is because some folks might not want their email visible to others. Even I get a little paranoid about that, although I think this board is pretty safe. I'm not even sure you can do anything about it...I'm still trying to get my head around how it could be possible, but as I've said before, I don't know alot about how the internet works. Mainly, I'm just curious if it has happened to anyone else.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:38 pm

John Scalzi had this same problem over on his board. He must have fixed it as I've not heard anyone say anything about it in a long time.
Dana_Jean

Postby Nerak on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:49 am

the site seams to be sleeping this morning, can't get onto .com.

Hope Jo didn't blog anything new.... :cry:
Nerak

Next

Return to joehillfiction.com