Ebay=Pure evil?

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Ebay=Pure evil?

Postby vash2435 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:28 pm

This is an issue that came to my attention recently. I was going to buy a complete run of locke and key on ebay just for the heck of it, when my friend stopped me. He told me that if I was going to buy superfluous issues I should do so from my comic shop or bookstore. Apparently, when you buy from second hand dealers such as those on ebay it hurts Joe and Gabe. Can someone explain to me where I should buy from to give maximum support to Joe and Gabe?
vash2435

Re: Ebay=Pure evil?

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 pm

IDW-store front.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Here is a link to what IDW has now for Locke&key
https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/locke-key.html

If your looking for 1st prints of backissues....then ebay may be your only solution, if your comic book store doesnt have any.
demorganakamark

Postby grasking on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm pretty sure you can only get the trades from IDW for the first two arcs.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm wondering if some comic book stores might have back issues?
To be honest, I wouldn't go thru e-bay on L&K. Chances are those folks just bought the original issues to make money and I'm sure none of that goes to J or G. If it were me I'd just buy the individual volumes "Welcome to Lovecraft" and "Head Games" from IDW, but I'm not a collector. I just love the story.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:I'm wondering if some comic book stores might have back issues?
To be honest, I wouldn't go thru e-bay on L&K. Chances are those folks just bought the original issues to make money and I'm sure none of that goes to J or G. If it were me I'd just buy the individual volumes "Welcome to Lovecraft" and "Head Games" from IDW, but I'm not a collector. I just love the story.

The comic store here has a huge lot of back issues...but slim when it come to L&K because they sell out. I went through ebay when i was in MO. If you do go, just make sure that u spend some time looking around. There are some decent sellers who dont JACK the price too much. There are legit stores that sell on ebay.
demorganakamark

Postby vash2435 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 am

I was gonna get three of everything from IDW storefront but they charge an obscene amount for shipping and handling... I think I'll probably go shop around comic shops in my area instead.
vash2435

Postby cbig_1 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:02 am

The idea that buying from eBay hurts Joe or Gabriel is a bit flawed. If someone is selling the item then they had to purchase it in the first place, thus giving Joe & Gabriel they're profit. Think of it as buying from a yard sale or second hand store. Not to mention that IDW overcharges for s&h and is very slow to support customers.
There are people, like me, that would have to drive over 40 miles to the nearest comic store.
cbig_1

Postby vash2435 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

cbig_1 wrote:The idea that buying from eBay hurts Joe or Gabriel is a bit flawed. If someone is selling the item then they had to purchase it in the first place, thus giving Joe & Gabriel they're profit. Think of it as buying from a yard sale or second hand store. Not to mention that IDW overcharges for s&h and is very slow to support customers.
There are people, like me, that would have to drive over 40 miles to the nearest comic store.

Yes, but the point is that if you buy from a store then you are buying more issues. Gabe and Joe get no extra profit if you buy from a yard sale because you are buying an already bought item.
vash2435

Return to Locke & Key